Sybase SQL 11 for NLM(Netware) or NT?

Post by Choo Keang Woo » Thu, 25 Sep 1997 04:00:00

       My company is using Novell 4.1. We are not sure if Sybase's SQL
for NLM is good as compared to SQL for NT. Anyone out there have use
this product under NLM environment? All our sites have Novel, therefore
, it is more cost effective to stick with Novell for the short term. But
Sybase seems to promote the latter more than the former.Why? Is there
performance problems using it under Novell Netware?

Please help. Thanking everyone in advance.(My alternative E-mail address

Regards.
Choo (Malaysia)

Sybase SQL 11 for NLM(Netware) or NT?

Post by Gary Kueve » Fri, 26 Sep 1997 04:00:00

We're running both 3.12 and 4.1 and there are significant scaling problems,
being limited to one CPU (and 128 MB on 3.12).
Recently it was finally decided to move to NT for this and other reasons. It
was a false economy.
Gary

:
:Please help. Thanking everyone in advance.(My alternative E-mail address

:Regards.
:Choo (Malaysia)
:

Sybase SQL 11 for NLM(Netware) or NT?

Post by JL Ardo » Mon, 29 Sep 1997 04:00:00

Hi,
I think that Novell was better as a file server than a database server.
The NT version of  SQL Server seems to be easier to use than the NLM version.
In 1997, I think SQL Server for Netware is not the best choice. If i had to
choose I will certainly try SQL Server for NT.