NEED 32 bit ODBC driver for SQLAnywhere 5.0

NEED 32 bit ODBC driver for SQLAnywhere 5.0

Post by Jeffrey Bra » Fri, 09 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Guess what *I* can't find ANYWHERE! *smile*

Sybase only seem to have 6.0 available for download, and I'm not looking to
use the whole suite (the database is already developed, I just need to talk
to it across a 32bit ODBC connection!)

I have the install disks for Sybase SQL Anywhere 5.0 16 bit version, but no
32 bit version. My 32 bit ODBC driver for Anywhere 6.0 won't talk to the 5.0
".db" file ... am I screwed?

Help!

(please cc your reply to my email address)

1. ODBC driver installation conflicts (between 16 bit and 32 bit drivers) on NT

: Hi there,
: we've installed the Oracle ODBC driver two weeks ago (the one which
: came with the Oracle Workgroupserver 90 day trial edition). After we
: deinstalled this we have trouble installing Microsofts new ODBC
: drivers. I guess the trouble lies in the conflict that there are two

NT supports both the 16bit ODBC subsystem, which uses the usual config
files (ODBC.INI and ODBCINST.INI), and the 32bit subsystem, which
uses the registry.

To get rid of 16bit files, examine the .INI files and delete all
.DLLs specified by the various settings for the appropriate drivers,
then remove the driver entries from both ODBC.INI and ODBCINST.INI.

To get rid of 32bit files you'll need to use REGEDT32 and find the
appropriate ODBC entries. Remove the .DLL files specified by
the ODBC entries, then remove the registry entries. The usual
caveats re: mucking with the registry apply.

Oracle's workgroup drivers are 16bit, if I remember correctly, so
they should be installed using the appropriate version of ORAINST. Any
32bit drivers are best installed either using the 32bit version of
ODBCADM or through the control panel ODBC applet - if the driver
diskettes include an ODBC.INF file. If they don't, you'll just have
to trust that the installation program uses the 32bit routines...

--

Fax: +358 0 33 88 22                                    " Why me? "

2. Refresh question???

3. Unicode support in Oracle 8.0.5

4. 16-bit/32-bit ODBC drivers - NT Environment

5. problem running query inc self defined function

6. 32 bit ODBC driver for Oracle 71 needed

7. isqlperl install help

8. 16 bit ODBC drivers in the 32 bit environment

9. _.^._ !! Need 32-bit ODBC Driver for Delphi Developer !! _.-^-._

10. 32 bit BDE with 16 bit ODBC Drivers

11. 16 Bit app trying to access 32 bit ODBC driver

12. 32-bit ODBC driver needed for Access 7.0 and Sybase 4.9