This is a repost of a message I posted 4 days ago. I haven't received
any response. Can anyone at Sybase bring some light at least into
the documentation problem (the first of my three questions).
I am facing some problems in enabling a Sybase SQL Server 11.0.2 to
become a DCE service. I would appreciate any sugestions from users
or from Sybase support people. I saw their responses from time to time.
Our client is runing a DCE master server on an AIX machine.
I have to deal with two machines that are DCE clients:
1. Sparc running Sybase SQL Server 11.0.2. This machine is a DCE
2. NT 4.0 Workstation running Open Client 11.1. This machine is a DCE
What I want to do:
log into the NT 4.0 client and become a DCE trusted user
asuming that I have a user account on the Sybase SQL Server,
run ISQL from the NT machine without entering name and password,
and get access into the SQL Server
1. Documentation: Security Guardian Documentation makes reference to an
Open Client/Server Configuration Guide for release 11.1. I don't know
where to find such a manual. It's not part of Sybooks. I checked both
www.sybase.com and my latest Sybooks CD.
2. Because of lack of documentation I am not able to start Security
3. On the Sybase Open Client/Server 11.1 for Windows NT 4.0 CD I do not
have an ISQL program. Will the 1.0.4 work over a DCE connection?
Thank you in advance.
Deloitte&Touche Consulting Group-
DRT Systems, Toronto