Sybase Security Guardian question - SQL Server DCE enablement

Sybase Security Guardian question - SQL Server DCE enablement

Post by Ulm Paune » Fri, 07 Feb 1997 04:00:00

Hi,

This is a repost of a message I posted 4 days ago. I haven't received
any response. Can anyone at Sybase bring some light at least into
the documentation problem (the first of my three questions).

I am facing some problems in enabling a Sybase SQL Server 11.0.2 to
become a DCE service. I would appreciate any sugestions from users
or from Sybase support people. I saw their responses from time to time.

Our client is runing a DCE master server on an AIX machine.
I have to deal with two machines that are DCE clients:

1. Sparc running Sybase SQL Server 11.0.2. This machine is a DCE
client too.

2. NT 4.0 Workstation running Open Client 11.1. This machine is a  DCE
client too.

What I want to do:
log into the NT 4.0 client and become a DCE trusted user

asuming that I have a user account on the Sybase SQL Server,
run ISQL from the NT machine without entering name and password,
and get access into the SQL Server

My problems:

1. Documentation: Security Guardian Documentation makes reference to an
Open Client/Server Configuration Guide for release 11.1. I don't know
where to find such a manual. It's not part of Sybooks. I checked both
www.sybase.com and my latest Sybooks CD.

2. Because of lack of documentation I am not able to start Security
Guardian

3. On the Sybase Open Client/Server 11.1 for Windows NT 4.0 CD I do not
have an ISQL program. Will the 1.0.4 work over a DCE connection?

Thank you in advance.

Ulm Paunel

Deloitte&Touche Consulting Group-
DRT Systems, Toronto

1. Security Guardian

Anyone using Open Client 11.1 and Security Guardian?  What's your
experience been so far?  We're looking to use the DCE or Kerberos
version running on AIX or SUN.  Did anyone know this was available?  We
have been waiting for it for months and it showed up without any
fanfare.

2. Trigger a rowid

3. Question: Sybase SQL/RPC security risk - sql.txt [1/1]

4. stored proc cursor problem.

5. Installing Oracle Server on a PC Guardian encrypted disk

6. Software Development and Programmers fro INDIA

7. MD-Gaithersburg-104529--PowerBuilder-ORACLE-MS SQL Server-SYBASE-Security Cleara

8. Question: SQL Joins in DTS

9. DCE Security & the World Wide Web

10. DCE Security and the World Wide Web

11. DCE Security & the WWW