Owner Of Files

Post by Rava » Wed, 16 Jul 2003 01:39:03

Hi folks

I'm totally new to SQL (up to now I only used a ISAM- database called
TPS), so sorry this question:

My conversion program with the dba user made the tables in my new sql
database and now as i tried to connect this database with another user
the tables aren't available for this user!?

Why this? What's the option to set that all users have access to all
tables, even to new ones?

Greetings from Switzerland
Ravage

Owner Of Files

Post by Michael Pepple » Wed, 16 Jul 2003 04:09:45

> Hi folks

> I'm totally new to SQL (up to now I only used a ISAM- database called
> TPS), so sorry this question:

> My conversion program with the dba user made the tables in my new sql
> database and now as i tried to connect this database with another user the
> tables aren't available for this user!?

> Why this? What's the option to set that all users have access to all
> tables, even to new ones?

Various things - you should look up the GRANT command and learn how Sybase
manages access rights to objects in the database.

Michael
--
Michael Peppler                              Data Migrations, Inc.