SQL Anywhere 5.5.04 with Visual Basic 5 / Visual Basic 6

SQL Anywhere 5.5.04 with Visual Basic 5 / Visual Basic 6

Post by Georg Fische » Mon, 19 Oct 1998 04:00:00

I want to use Sybase SQL Anywhere Server with Visual Basic 6.

I have performance problems when navigating in
a large (40000 records) dataset. Positioning the Cursor
to the middle of the dataset (record no 20000) takes about 20 seconds
when using Remote Data Objects.

What am I doing wrong?
Which ODBC drivers shall I use?
Are there special OLE DB Providers for
SQL Anywhere together with ADO 2.0?

Thanks,

1. Migrating from Visual Basic 3 SQL 4.0 to Visual Basic 5.0 and/or SQL Anywhere

We have a Visual Basic 3.0 project currently using Watcom SQL 4.0 on several
different platforms.  We would like to bring this project forward to newer
versions VB and SQL.  Can anyone answer these questions:

1) Would our existing VB 3.0 project that makes Watcom specific calls to the
database (not ODBC) be supported by latest SQL Anywhere package?  Or, would
we have to re-write all the code?

2) Has anyone gone through this process, and if so, did you find the
transition easy or a nightmare?

3) Are the any unexplainable issues with the latest SQL Anywhere that have
disabled your database, corrupted data or brought your software to a sudden
halt?

4) Does the SQL Anywhere product support replication with 'Rules' that allow
us to move data/orders from one site to another with ease?  Can it do this
one the Internet with encrypted data transfer.

5) Are we better to explore VB 5.0 and MS Access / SQL Server ???

Any answers would be welcomed.

Thanks,

Kevin Dalby

2. Data device bug !!!!!!1

3. IL-CHICAGO-138941--Visual Basic-SQLSERVER-RDBMS-ORACLE-Management-Visual Foxpro-Visual Basic Developer

4. Problem with INFORMATION_SCHEMA.SHEMATAS

5. OH-CINCINNATI-105470--Visual Basic-ORACLE-Visual C++-MFC-OOD-Visual Basic Programmer

6. Trigger Help

7. Locks