problem with migrating stored procs from 4.9 to 11.5

problem with migrating stored procs from 4.9 to 11.5

Post by Axel » Fri, 10 Jul 1998 04:00:00

Hello
I migrate a database application from 4.9
to 11.5 on HP/UX
Everything works well with one exception:
We have Users - for example the dbo and one other User "User1"
We create a view for both users:
dbo.app_view as select * from table1 where id < 100
User1.app_view as select * from table1 where id > 100
Then we create a procedure (owner dbo, grant exec to public)
proc1
with recompile
as
select * from app_view
return(0)
In 4.9 :
dbo executes proc1 -> Resultset with id < 100
User1 executes proc1 -> Resultset with id > 100
In 11.5 :
dbo executes proc1 -> Resultset with id < 100
User1 executes proc1 -> Resultset with id < 100 !!!
Each User gets the resultset from the view owned
by dbo
If I select user_id() inside the procedure I receive
the correct result
I need the 4.9 behavior
Any suggestions
Thanks Axel

TOPOLOGIX
Gesellschaft fuer informationstechnische und mathematische Loesungen mbH
Grosse Bleichen 12, D-20354 Hamburg, Germany
Phone: +49 (40) 352 253   Fax: +49 (40) 340 340   http://www.TOPOLOGIX.de
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Roman Moeller, Carsten Mohr, Jens Timmermann
Amtsgericht Hamburg HRB 42932

1. Migrating from Sybase for Unix 4.9 to Sybase for NT 11.5

I am new to Sybase admin and databases in general, but I have been given
the responsibility of migrating a Sybase database that runs on an old
Sparc workstation (Sybase 4.9) to the NT Enterprise 11.5.  I have read
the migration page from Sybase's web site, but it is too general to be
of use to me.  Any specific suggestions are greatly appreciated.
    Tom Roberts

2. Recursive queries with ms-sql7.0

3. SQL

4. Migrating from 4.9 to 10.0.2

5. sql statement

6. Migrating from 4.9 to Sys 11

7. Peek AI file

8. 11.5 and VB/stored proc problems

9. Migrate 11.5 to 11.0.3

10. Storing Excel speadsheat in ASE 11.5

11. storing images in sybase 11.5

12. How to Store gif in sybase 11.5 ?