Replication Server - Restarting

Post by Aar1 » Sat, 23 Dec 1995 04:00:00

We have just installed rep server and are in the process of reviewing the
product.
Can some one tell me how to restart the rep server and ltms?
Sybase documentation is not clear on that.
Do I need to start them using startserver utility like dataserver or just
running the RUN_  files from the istall directory?

I appreciate your help and thanks in advance

Ananth

1. Restarting SQL Server renders replication offline

Hello, after help from this newsgroup and a lot of experimenting, my
replication works just fine but for one thing:

Whenever i restart the SQL Server, replication stops. sp_repltrans
shows a lot of transactions not replicated. After leaving it overnight
I know this is not just a lag. These are some of the error messages in
the history of the distribution task:

A lot of these:
S1T00[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]Timeout expired

Then one of these:
S1T00[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]Timeout expired.  NOTE: The
task was retried the requested number of times (1440) without
succeeding.  The task failed.

Also some of these:
08001[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][DBMSRPCN]General network
error. Check your network documentation.

The replication is local so I do not understand the network error. The
timeouts I'm not even sure what the computer means?

Best regards,

Niklas.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

2. 1 * tRebNECqm-Using a stored proc to do an UPDATE

3. SQLServer OLE DB error after I restart replication server in another machine

4. ORA-12500:TNS:Listener failed to start a dedicated server process

5. national languages

6. restarting web service after file server restart

7. Help with join files

8. Programmatically Restart Distribution Agent in Transactional Replication

9. Restarting continuous merge replication produces a mess

10. Restart Merge-Replication

11. Restarting continuous replication locks tables