Error 2502 - INTERNAL USE ONLY - Internal error (SRV INE)

Error 2502 - INTERNAL USE ONLY - Internal error (SRV INE)

Post by Jaime Najer » Thu, 11 Sep 1997 04:00:00

Please help
I have a program running under sqlwindows 5.03 and the program is using a
system 10 database (SYBASE). When the program is executing a SELECT
against the database the program send me the message
"Error 2502 - INTERNAL USE ONLY - Internal error (SRV INE) ...."
Any idea about the reason of this problem?. How can i solve it?
This problem appears when i tried to access some records of the Table. If i
access some other records it works well.
Thank you

Jaime Njera

Post by Bret Halfo » Thu, 11 Sep 1997 04:00:00

|> Please help
|> I have a program running under sqlwindows 5.03 and the program is using a
|> system 10 database (SYBASE). When the program is executing a SELECT
|> against the database the program send me the message
|> "Error 2502 - INTERNAL USE ONLY - Internal error (SRV INE) ...."
|> Any idea about the reason of this problem?. How can i solve it?
|> This problem appears when i tried to access some records of the Table. If i
|> access some other records it works well.
|> Thank you
|>
|> Jaime Njera

Well, a SQL Server 2502 error is:

2502-16-0 Table Corrupt: A page is linked in more than one
chain; check this page:page number=%ld allocation
status=%d

This indicates potentially serious corruption in the table.

To check if this is the problem, have your SA run dbcc tablealloc
and dbcc checktable against this table.  The 11.x Error Messages
Guide explains what to do.  (If you don't have a copy, one
is available online at http://sybooks.sybase.com).

| Bret Halford                    Imagine my disappointment       __|
| Sybase Technical Support        in learning the true nature  __|
| 6400 S. Fiddlers Green Circle   of rec.humor.oracle...    __|
| Englewood, CO 80111-4954 USA                             |

Post by margie kiepe » Thu, 11 Sep 1997 04:00:00

> Please help
> I have a program running under sqlwindows 5.03 and the program is using a
> system 10 database (SYBASE). When the program is executing a SELECT
> against the database the program send me the message
> "Error 2502 - INTERNAL USE ONLY - Internal error (SRV INE) ...."
> Any idea about the reason of this problem?. How can i solve it?
> This problem appears when i tried to access some records of the Table. If i
> access some other records it works well.
> Thank you

> Jaime Njera

you have corruption in that table in your database.  contact your dba to
correct the corruption.

--mk

1. Error 2502 (Table corrupt: a page is linked in more than 1 chain)

Hello

When I try to do an update on a user table is SQL Svr 6.5, I get the error
"Can't allocate space for object 'SysLogs' in database...". The "Truncate
log on checkpoint" option is enabled !
When I execute the "DBCC CHECKALLOC" statement, I get the error mentioned in
the subject of this message.
Does anybody know how this error occurs and how I can prevent this error?

Thanx,
Danny

2. Parallel loader for Informix...

3. error 2502

4. Keeping found set, but eliminating some

5. Error 2502 - additional help requested

6. How to identify datapump task numbers

7. Repeated Table Corruption - errors 2503 & 2502

8. secondary index from delphi

9. error msg : 2502

10. Errors 2502 and 2503 - Please HELP

11. Q: Error 2502

12. Processing Error - Internal Error

13. HTTP 500.100 - Internal Server Error - ASP error