newbie trying to import sybase file

Post by Tony Barnhil » Tue, 08 Jul 2003 23:38:43

Here's the situation:

This compnay uses a Sybase database server running on NT. They have an
Access application that takes that data and converts it into reports. I
didn't do any of this, so that's why I'm a little confused. I have a .log
file that a backup .bat file made. This .bat file was created by the same
person who made the Access side of things. I have an 87MB .log file now and
I need to figure out how to get to the data that's inside of it so that i
can import it into my Access tables.

thanks in advance,

Tony Barnhill

Post by Anthony Mandi » Wed, 09 Jul 2003 12:55:46

> This compnay uses a Sybase database server running on NT. They have an
> Access application that takes that data and converts it into reports. I
> didn't do any of this, so that's why I'm a little confused. I have a .log
> file that a backup .bat file made. This .bat file was created by the same
> person who made the Access side of things. I have an 87MB .log file now and
> I need to figure out how to get to the data that's inside of it so that i
> can import it into my Access tables.

        From your description, it sounds like the .bat file creates a
        database dump. If that's the case, you won't be able to read
        it with Access. check the .bat or post it for someone's opinion
        here. Access can use ODBC to connect to a Sybase ASE server.
        It should also be able to import CSV files that you could
        create by using bcp to extract data from the ASE server.

-am     ? 2003

1. Trying to import logical files from the AS400 into SQL 7

Hi,

I'm new to SQL 7 and I have a problem viewing logical files from the AS400.  When I try to import data into SQL from the AS400 it sees all the physical files fine but just can't see the logicals which are in the same library.

I there anywhere I can tell it to retrieve not only physical files.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Melania

2. connecting within a workgroup

3. Trying to use active x script to import a flat file

4. Adding New Records

5. GB when trying to import .MDB file after installing Office 2000

6. Problem with partitioned views

7. trying to import tsv file into Sql Server 6.5

8. NetWare-based database engines

9. Enterprise Manager locks up when trying to import file

10. Trying to import logical files from AS400 into SQL7

11. another try: Filemaker 'capture'/read/store imported file name

12. Problem when trying to bcp csv file with Double Quotes to sybase table

13. Newbie Question Concerning Importing a Text File