Multi-homed.

Post by Bob Mcmilla » Thu, 30 Oct 1997 04:00:00

We have a Solaris sun box that has two ethernet cards in it....

We are trying to get SYBASE SQL to server to recognize both interfaces....
Can this be done????

I know the NT version of SQL Server works....

Thx in advance...

Multi-homed.

Post by David Web » Fri, 31 Oct 1997 04:00:00

> We have a Solaris sun box that has two ethernet cards in it....

> We are trying to get SYBASE SQL to server to recognize both interfaces....
> Can this be done????

> I know the NT version of SQL Server works....

> Thx in advance...

You need to modify the interfaces file to include multiple master and
query lines for the server, each line pointing to one of the NICs.  Then
recycle the server.

David Webb
Frank Russell Company

Multi-homed.

Post by barry kat » Fri, 31 Oct 1997 04:00:00

Manually edit the interfaces file and add a second entry for the card's ip
address.

>We have a Solaris sun box that has two ethernet cards in it....

>We are trying to get SYBASE SQL to server to recognize both interfaces....
>Can this be done????

>I know the NT version of SQL Server works....

>Thx in advance...

1. Multi-Homed SQL Server.

Hi Guys....
I'm about to move our SQL server onto a Split High Speed Token Ring
backbone, stick 2 cards in the back of it, and turn it into a multi-homed
server.

Has anyone had any problems with this, or does it work as well as Microsoft
claim <cough>

Thanks in advance

Martin Christopher

2. SYBASE - Recent History

3. Disabling TCP Port 1433 in Multi-Homed Machine

4. TESTING

5. multi-homed

6. A Couple of Questions on Blobs

7. Multi-homing

8. Off: WTB Computer Systems

9. Specify SQL Server IP address on multi-home box

10. Multi Homed SQL 7 server

11. Oracle Server on Multi-homed Server