Monitoring Sybase using SNMP?

Post by depark » Wed, 17 Apr 2002 03:21:47

Greetings,
Does Sybase include a SNMP MIB so that the database server can be monitored
for availability and performance?. I would like to use my SNMP application
to monitor Sybase database servers and associated instances. Can someone
point me in the right direction?

thanks,

Mark

Post by Anthony Mandi » Wed, 17 Apr 2002 21:09:11

> Does Sybase include a SNMP MIB so that the database server can be monitored
> for availability and performance?. I would like to use my SNMP application
> to monitor Sybase database servers and associated instances. Can someone
> point me in the right direction?

        Sybase used to have an SNMP subagent. I'm not sure what the
        status is now. Check with your local sales rep.

-am     ? 2002

1. Sybase monitoring via SNMP....

Does Sybase support monitor database via SNMP, if yes in what release, does
it support RFC1697?
If not does anyone know if sybase has plans to provide support for SNMP
monitoring..

#include <standard.disclaimer>

2. How can I get events(PercentCompleted or Status) for the replication?

3. Monitoring MS SQL using SNMP

4. Raw DiskSpace for the first time

5. monitoring many machines using snmp & syslog

6. List Structure

7. Monitoring SQL 2000 w/ SNMP

8. Running DTS from Access 2000

9. SQL MIBS for SNMP monitoring

10. SNMP: monitoring databases information

11. snmp monitoring of MS Sql Server 6.5?

12. Monitoring instances - SNMP?

13. HELP------SNMP agent ----Monitoring System....