deleted items not showing up in recycle bin ?

deleted items not showing up in recycle bin ?

Post by Tim Roger » Mon, 12 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Without making any changes that I know of...my recycle bin is always empty
now...in Explorer...if I delete a file..it asks to be sent to the recycle
bin...I say yes...and it's gone...but it doesn't go to the bin...at least not
visably...I have always hd the settings set to send to recycle bin first..not
to permanently delete an item on delete...?

Anyone suggest why the recycle bin is not filling up...?

TIA
TR
+ The Talamasca Usenet Gateway
+ telnet://talamasc.madnet.net

Post by Tim Roger » Tue, 13 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Without making any changes that I know of...my recycle bin is always empty
now...in Explorer...if I delete a file..it asks to be sent to the recycle
bin...I say yes...and it's gone...but it doesn't go to the bin...at least not
visably...I have always hd the settings set to send to recycle bin first..not
to permanently delete an item on delete...?

Anyone suggest why the recycle bin is not filling up...?

TIA
TR

deleted items not showing up in recycle bin ?

Post by Tess » Tue, 13 Apr 1999 04:00:00

I've had some luck with the following in your case:

1.  Right click on the Recycle Bin.  Go to "Properties".
2.  Put a check in the box that says, "Do not move files to the Recycle
     Bin".
3.  Click "Apply".  Then click, "OK".
4.  Now, delete something.  If you go to the Recycle Bin it won't be there.
6.  Remove the checkmark from the box, click "Apply" and "OK".
7.  Delete something else.  This file should be in your Recycle Bin.

--
Tess

MS-MVP
Tess Goodman's Windows 95 for Seniors
http://www.feist.com/~dietz
Please respond via the newsgroup.
****

>Without making any changes that I know of...my recycle bin is always empty
>now...in Explorer...if I delete a file..it asks to be sent to the recycle
>bin...I say yes...and it's gone...but it doesn't go to the bin...at least
not
>visably...I have always hd the settings set to send to recycle bin
first..not
>to permanently delete an item on delete...?

>Anyone suggest why the recycle bin is not filling up...?

>TIA
>TR

deleted items not showing up in recycle bin ?

Post by ma » Fri, 16 Apr 1999 04:00:00

I have the same problem, altho' sometimes if I delete a few files, one
or two will end up in the Recycle Bin. I have tried changing the
properties of the Bin not to deleted to the bin, delete something,
reboot, then change the properties back to delete to the bin, but
nothing changes - those files still disappear. I have also resorted to
reinstallling Win98 - again no change. Is there some entry in the
Registry which needs changing?
Any suggestions?On Sun, 11 Apr 1999 21:11:23, "Tim Rogers"

>Without making any changes that I know of...my recycle bin is always empty
>now...in Explorer...if I delete a file..it asks to be sent to the recycle
>bin...I say yes...and it's gone...but it doesn't go to the bin...at least not
>visably...I have always hd the settings set to send to recycle bin first..not
>to permanently delete an item on delete...?

>Anyone suggest why the recycle bin is not filling up...?

>TIA
>TR
>+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>+ The Talamasca Usenet Gateway
>+ telnet://talamasc.madnet.net

1. Recycle Bin Does Not Show Deleted Items

I am running WIN98 and recently my recycle bin does not show deleted items.
When I pull up the recycle bin there is nothing that shows but when I select
to empty the recycle bin it asks me if I want to delete the 84 items that
are there.  So there are items in it I just can't see them listed.  Any
ideas are appreciated.

Jim Chesher

2. CLLE

3. Any way to delete items from the recycle bin?

4. Request: OS/2 port of cron needed

5. Delete recycle bin items from the command line?

6. Cheapest PPPMP 128K Synchr. ISDN TA for Stand-alone PC?

7. Files Do Not Show Up in Recycle Bin When Deteled - 168570

8. recycle bin files not showing

9. Recycle Bin (files not showing)

10. Recycle Bin does not show capacity

11. Deleting over the network does not place files in ant recycle bin!

12. deleted files from network share do not go to the recycle bin