How do you change Windows Explorer Toolbar icons to the small icons?

How do you change Windows Explorer Toolbar icons to the small icons?

Post by GreenDra » Mon, 08 Mar 1999 04:00:00

I've installed Win98 OSR1 Beta2 and I've lost the ability to change
the Windows Explorer Toolbar icons to the small icons (w/ no text).
This was formally avaiable in Control Panel/Internet
Options/Advanced/Small Icons, but that is not there now.
Does anyone know the fix or the registry edit for this?

I tried changing the following registry settings to "YES" but that
didn't change anything.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\explorer\SmallIcons]
"SmallIcons"="NO"

Ideas anyone?

GreenDrazi

How do you change Windows Explorer Toolbar icons to the small icons?

Post by Chuck Rizzi » Mon, 08 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Don't know if I should tell you 'cause then I'll have to kill you!(and where
did you get a copy of OSR1-Beta2??)

Go to the View menu > Toolbars and un-check the "Text Lables" item.

.......BANG! you're dead <g>
--
Hope this helps,

Chuck Rizzio
MS-MVP
Desktop Systems

Quote:> I've installed Win98 OSR1 Beta2 and I've lost the ability to change
> the Windows Explorer Toolbar icons to the small icons (w/ no text).
> This was formally avaiable in Control Panel/Internet
> Options/Advanced/Small Icons, but that is not there now.
> Does anyone know the fix or the registry edit for this?

> I tried changing the following registry settings to "YES" but that
> didn't change anything.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\explorer\Small
Icons]
Quote:> "SmallIcons"="NO"

> Ideas anyone?

> GreenDrazi

How do you change Windows Explorer Toolbar icons to the small icons?

Post by GreenDra » Tue, 09 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Thanks, but I already have the text labels turned off.
I'm wanting the mini icons.
I finally found the setting.  It's on the Internet Explorer 5 toolbar.
View/ToolBars/Customize  which brings up a menu for customizing
the toolbars.
At the bottom is a "Text Option" and an "Icon Option" which is where
you can select "Small Icons"

Thanks anyways.
(Except for that attempt on my life)

GreenDrazi

On Sun, 7 Mar 1999 19:07:30 -0500, "Chuck Rizzio"

>Don't know if I should tell you 'cause then I'll have to kill you!(and where
>did you get a copy of OSR1-Beta2??)

>Go to the View menu > Toolbars and un-check the "Text Lables" item.

>.......BANG! you're dead <g>

1. How to stop Windows from Changing "Small Icon " setting to " Large Icon "

I would like to have Windows retain the Icon Setting in Explorer which
, in my case ,  is " Small Icons - List - Details ".

On many occasions , when Explorer is opened this setting has ,
annoyingly , changed to " Large Icons ".

What must be done to retain these settings once set and prevent
Windows changing them back again ?

Bill Nelson

2. Someone tell me this

3. Icons dissappear from windows explorer toolbars

4. Windows button + D

5. Blacked out Quick Launch & Small Icon View icons

6. How can I use XMI?

7. All Microsoft icons changed to Generic Windows Icon

8. Preventing Netware 5 Time Synch Problems

9. Small icons on Start Menu won't stay small

10. win2k explorer - all icons gone from standard toolbar (shell problem)

11. Toolbar icons too large, Fonts changed by magnifying glass

12. Win2K - Changing Icons on Toolbar

13. Changing folder icons in windows explorer