RPC Stub error

Post by Bill » Fri, 02 Aug 2002 04:48:21

I am trying to install the latest version of my ,ogitech
wingman software, but all I get is "Incompatible version
of the RPC stub" and I have to exit the installation.

Also, in Internet Explorer, when I select [Edit[->[Find
(on this page)] from the menus, I get the same message.
It's really bringing me down.

Can someone help please.

Thanks
Billy

RPC Stub error

Post by Ron Badou » Fri, 02 Aug 2002 07:45:54

It appears to be a problem with the OLEAUT32.DLL file.  Do a search at
http://www.google.com/grphp?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=
on:   Incompatible version of the RPC stub
--
Regards

Ron Badour, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
Tips:  http://home.satx.rr.com/badour
Knowledge Base Info:

Quote:> I am trying to install the latest version of my ,ogitech
> wingman software, but all I get is "Incompatible version
> of the RPC stub" and I have to exit the installation.

> Also, in Internet Explorer, when I select [Edit[->[Find
> (on this page)] from the menus, I get the same message.
> It's really bringing me down.

> Can someone help please.

> Thanks
> Billy

RPC Stub error

Post by Bill » Fri, 02 Aug 2002 17:14:05

Thanks, Ron.

I found that it should be remedied by reinstalling the
oleaut32.dll from the Windows disk. I'll give what I found
a try.

Billy

RPC Stub error

Post by Rob » Fri, 02 Aug 2002 22:18:09

Quote:> It appears to be a problem with the OLEAUT32.DLL file.  Do a search at
> http://www.google.com/grphp?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=
> on:   Incompatible version of the RPC stub

That URL is not clickable because the "  =  " needs to be included.....

Use this one instead to get users to same place

http://makeashorterlink.com/?M17A31861

--
Rob
Supporting Member, Cascade Bicycle Club

> It appears to be a problem with the OLEAUT32.DLL file.  Do a search at
> http://www.google.com/grphp?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=
> on:   Incompatible version of the RPC stub
> --
> Regards

> Ron Badour, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
> Tips:  http://home.satx.rr.com/badour
> Knowledge Base Info:
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?pr=kbinfo

> > I am trying to install the latest version of my ,ogitech
> > wingman software, but all I get is "Incompatible version
> > of the RPC stub" and I have to exit the installation.

> > Also, in Internet Explorer, when I select [Edit[->[Find
> > (on this page)] from the menus, I get the same message.
> > It's really bringing me down.

> > Can someone help please.

> > Thanks
> > Billy

RPC Stub error

Post by Bill » Tue, 06 Aug 2002 23:26:53

Worked a treat...thanks Ron

Billy