Illegal function

Post by Arun » Sat, 06 May 2000 04:00:00

Hi,
When I try to run some application I get an error message " This program has
performed an illegal function and will be closed down." Under details I find
the following..." the 'program name' has caused an illegal function at
User.exe. This happens even when I try to disable my screen saver through
the control panel. Would appreciate your replies at the earliest.

Regards

Illegal function

Post by Richard G. Harpe » Sat, 06 May 2000 04:00:00

Read the Web site in my signature file below and get back to us.

--

* NOTE - Private EMail is generally not replied to.  Please post all
* questions and comments in the newsgroup so all can benefit.

Quote:> Hi,
> When I try to run some application I get an error message " This program
has
> performed an illegal function and will be closed down." Under details I
find
> the following..." the 'program name' has caused an illegal function at
> User.exe. This happens even when I try to disable my screen saver through
> the control panel. Would appreciate your replies at the earliest.

> Regards

1. HELP illegal function Explorer.exe

when my son starts his computer it starts up and just as Windows opens it
states that it has performed an illegal function and will be shut down. It
then says that it was Explorer.exe
The desktop never shows up and ctrl alt del shows an empty box. He is
running windows 98
Is there any hope?

2. Export users database

3. Programs, Illegal Function when shutting down...

4. Please Help with RRAS configuration

5. MSIMN Illegal Function and much more

6. netmeeting affair

7. (X) Explorer illegal function part 2

8. Help trace CD publisher?

9. Explorer Illegal function

10. Illegal function message

11. Illegal Function Box Won't Go Away

12. Update gives "illegal function" error. Help.

13. illegal function message at start up