Partition Size

Post by cdma200 » Sat, 15 Apr 2000 04:00:00

I have a 6.4GB harddisk drive which is divided into two FAT32 partitions.
I would like to resize the partition. Is there any shareware and freeware
can do that?

EDL

Partition Size

Post by George M. Winfor » Sat, 15 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Hi,

I know that PowerQuest's Partition Magic will do it, but it is not shareware
or freeware.

For shareware or freeware, these are some of the best sites. All of them
have search capabilities:

www.tucows.com
www.download.com
www.nonags.com

I hope this helps.

Good Luck,

geo., MS MVP (Desktop Systems), MCP (Windows 98)

Quote:> I have a 6.4GB harddisk drive which is divided into two FAT32 partitions.
> I would like to resize the partition. Is there any shareware and freeware
> can do that?

> EDL

Partition Size

Post by John Shoemak » Sat, 15 Apr 2000 04:00:00

>Date: 4/14/2000 10:15 Eastern Daylight Time

>I have a 6.4GB harddisk drive which is divided into two FAT32 partitions.
>I would like to resize the partition. Is there any shareware and freeware
>can do that?

EDL,

Checkout the DEMO version of PartionMagic 5.0 at:

  http://www.powerquest.com/freestuff/index.html

Regards ... John

Partition Size

Post by Andrew Rossett » Sat, 15 Apr 2000 04:00:00

The demo doesn't do anything, it's more a visual demo of what to expect.  It
is a demo in the true sense of the word, not a trial version.

--

Andrew

---------

The years ahead will be great ones for our country, for the cause of freedom
and the spread of civilization. The West will not contain Communism, it will
transcend Communism. We will not bother to denounce it, we'll dismiss it as
a sad, bizarre chapter in human history whose last pages are even now being
written.

--Ronald Reagan, May 17, 1981

> >Date: 4/14/2000 10:15 Eastern Daylight Time

> >I have a 6.4GB harddisk drive which is divided into two FAT32 partitions.
> >I would like to resize the partition. Is there any shareware and freeware
> >can do that?

> EDL,

> Checkout the DEMO version of PartionMagic 5.0 at:

>   http://www.powerquest.com/freestuff/index.html

> Regards ... John

Partition Size

Post by Lee Chapell » Sat, 15 Apr 2000 04:00:00

http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/BOOTITD.HTM is a shareware boot manager which contains a
utility called Pdisk.exe. It will allow you to shrink a primary partition and create multiple
primary partitions, among other things. It does not have all the features of  a Partition Magic,
but it will allow you to make C: smaller, that's all. The space created would have to be
assigned to another primary partition, unless you were willing to delete and re-create the
existing extended D:drive to occupy all the free space.
--
Lee Chapelle
MVP (DTS)