Windows 98 Sees Windows 3.11 Programmes as DOS Progs

Windows 98 Sees Windows 3.11 Programmes as DOS Progs

Post by Paul Donnell » Tue, 18 May 1999 04:00:00

   I've just upgraded to 98 and Windows 98 will refuse to load a Win 3.11
programme.  It does not show the correct icons on screen and just gives the
following error message: invalid win32 application.  I would be grateful of
any help.  Thanks.

Windows 98 Sees Windows 3.11 Programmes as DOS Progs

Post by HP Use » Wed, 19 May 1999 04:00:00

are you sure the binaries for the application aren't corrupted?  the shell
extracts the icon for the shortcut out of the EXE for the program.  If it
can't read the EXE it will use th default icon.

Quote:>    I've just upgraded to 98 and Windows 98 will refuse to load a Win 3.11

Post by Paul Donnell » Wed, 19 May 1999 04:00:00

> are you sure the binaries for the application aren't corrupted?  the shell
> extracts the icon for the shortcut out of the EXE for the program.  If it
> can't read the EXE it will use th default icon.

I don't think so as i've tried other copies of the same app. and i still
get the same problem.  I'm pretty sure it's a  Win98 compatabilty problem, i
just can't find any workable solution.

Anyway thanks for your help.