How to copy dialup settings for ISP provider from one PC to another

How to copy dialup settings for ISP provider from one PC to another

Post by The Berry' » Mon, 28 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Does anyone know if it is possible (and then how) to copy the settings I
use for dialup to my Internet Service Provider on one of my PCs to a
second PC?  Thanks

How to copy dialup settings for ISP provider from one PC to another

Post by Bruce Koldy » Mon, 28 Dec 1998 04:00:00

I use a screen capture utility, like Hypersnap DX to make screen shots of
all these settings and then save them in my file cabinet. It then is just a
matter of copying them, takes only a couple of minutes...

>Does anyone know if it is possible (and then how) to copy the settings I
>use for dialup to my Internet Service Provider on one of my PCs to a
>second PC?  Thanks

How to copy dialup settings for ISP provider from one PC to another

Post by Pave » Mon, 28 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Why not just copy it like it was a file....you must have win98 for this to
work (or is it IE5 that you need?)

--
Pavel

Quote:>Does anyone know if it is possible (and then how) to copy the settings I
>use for dialup to my Internet Service Provider on one of my PCs to a
>second PC?  Thanks

How to copy dialup settings for ISP provider from one PC to another

Post by The Berry' » Mon, 28 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Looks like this should work --- Thanks

> Why not just copy it like it was a file....you must have win98 for this to
> work (or is it IE5 that you need?)

> --
> Pavel

> >Does anyone know if it is possible (and then how) to copy the settings I
> >use for dialup to my Internet Service Provider on one of my PCs to a
> >second PC?  Thanks

How to copy dialup settings for ISP provider from one PC to another

Post by Milly Staple » Mon, 28 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Depending on your ISP, it should have 'help' directory and directions are
there.  AT&T Worldnet allows you to save your account information to a
floppy which comes in handy when you have to reformat.  You can use this
floppy to copy your DUN to the new machine.

>Does anyone know if it is possible (and then how) to copy the settings I
>use for dialup to my Internet Service Provider on one of my PCs to a
>second PC?  Thanks

How to copy dialup settings for ISP provider from one PC to another

Post by ljp » Tue, 29 Dec 1998 04:00:00

The entries for DUN in the registry are HKEY_CURRENT_USER\RemoteAccess. Just
start regedit, find this key, export it to a floppy, and presto !!!

Quote:>Does anyone know if it is possible (and then how) to copy the settings I
>use for dialup to my Internet Service Provider on one of my PCs to a
>second PC?  Thanks

1. DialUp Settings - How do I backup/copy to new PC?

Hi

I'm running win2Kpro.

I'm trying to setup up a new laptop with all my Dialup accounts - was hoping
I could simply drag them to a floppy and then copy to the laptop - but when
I try this it will only create a shortcut.

Can anyone tell me how to do this?

Thanks

Robert

2. Integer solutions of system of equations

3. Copy Windows 98 Dialup Connections from PC to PC

4. DB2 Max Records

5. Can I make a copy of one pc's favorites, use in another pc?

6. Windows 2000 DNS

7. Dual ISP on one PC

8. Using net use in logon scripts

9. how to copy dialup settings ?

10. How to copy dialup settings across profiles

11. Copying Shares from one PC to another

12. Copy User from one PC to another?

13. Can I Copy DUN Connection from one PC to another