Missing program icons

Post by Claudia Kirgue » Tue, 01 Apr 2003 23:28:07

After Windows 98 system was shut down and restarted, it
booted up with all the shortcuts off the desktop missing
such as my computer, outlook, and online services. Also,
Start/Programs comes up empty but the programs folder
still has all the programs in it, how is it possible to
restore the PC to its previous state?

Missing program icons

Post by Rick » Wed, 02 Apr 2003 09:26:28

Hi Claudia,

Anything you can think of that you were doing with this system before last shutting down that was unusual? An update or anything like that?

Other than the missing items, does the system appear to operate normally?

--
Best of Luck,

Rick Rogers aka "Nutcase" MS-MVP - Win9x - http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Associate Expert - WinXP - Expert Zone - www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Win98 Help - www.rickrogers.org

> After Windows 98 system was shut down and restarted, it
> booted up with all the shortcuts off the desktop missing
> such as my computer, outlook, and online services. Also,
> Start/Programs comes up empty but the programs folder
> still has all the programs in it, how is it possible to
> restore the PC to its previous state?

1. Missing Icons in Add/Remove Programs

Ok guys, this one has me stumped...  In Add/Remove Programs,
some (but not most) of the entries are missing their icons.  I've
posted a screenshot of the problem here:
http://www.mindspring.com/~prep2001/addremove.jpg

Any ideas?  I've already been through the MSKB tech note about
missing labels in Add/Remove Programs, it didn't help.

This is Win2k Pro SP2.  I know an inplace upgrade would probably
fix the problem but I'm trying to avoid that.

Thanks.

2. HELP! Monitor problems

3. Missing Icons In Add/Remove Programs Section Of Control Panel

4. Insert image into PDF-file

5. Missing Icons in Add/Remove Programs

6. Getting cpc tape into an emu

7. Forms/Database Question

8. Add/Remove Program Icon Missing

9. Missing Start Programs, menu Icons

10. Word Pad icon missing in dropdown & icon needs changed

11. normal folder icons CHANGED INTO program icons?????

12. .ico file icons changed to program icon--how to get them back