Trying to fix the "Cannot load page" problem

Trying to fix the "Cannot load page" problem

Post by Ron Lov » Sat, 15 May 1999 04:00:00

Have uninstalled IE5 which then setup my old IE4, (without personalized
setting). Then downloaded the IE4.01, SP2 upgrade. Now the "Cannot load
Page" is no longer present, but in OE my message store is not visible.
Checking for *.dbx, *.idx, and *.mbx, the stored messages are in Application
data. But now I have two identities and three Microsoft folders. I want to
do this right, so could someone tell me how to consolidate these?
Ron Love

Trying to fix the "Cannot load page" problem

Post by Lee Chapell » Sun, 16 May 1999 04:00:00

The IE4 Import function is not as intelligent as IE5's. I think if you have
lost track of your message store in reverting to IE4 from IE5, you can
discover first which sets of .idx and .mbx files OE is using by running
regedit and navigating to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Outlook
Express. Look at "Store Root". Then you will need to somehow replace those
blank ones with ones that contain your saved messages. You can rename and
copy files in, or else direct the "Store Root" value in the registry by
editing it to point to another folder. I have also seen some fixes for
"cannot load page" but one thing and another.. I can't recall where they are
at right now.. sorry
--
Lee
MS-MVP (DTS)

Quote:> Have uninstalled IE5 which then setup my old IE4, (without personalized
> setting). Then downloaded the IE4.01, SP2 upgrade. Now the "Cannot load
> Page" is no longer present, but in OE my message store is not visible.
> Checking for *.dbx, *.idx, and *.mbx, the stored messages are in
Application
> data. But now I have two identities and three Microsoft folders. I want to
> do this right, so could someone tell me how to consolidate these?
> Ron Love

1. Error says "cannot find load=load=load="

Cross post to registry board:

Any ideas?

At the end of Win2k startup (desktop and icons are already
on screen), I get an error that says "unable to locate
load=load=load= file  remove reference to this file from
the registry" (I'm paraphrasing here).

Any ideas?  I searched my c:\ drive for all files
containing the text "load=load=load=" but none were found.

How can I tell what caused the error window to pop up?
I've tried safe mode w/ debugging, but I don't know what
caused my error window.  Once I click "OK" on this error
window, everything runs completely fine.

Thanks.

.

2. Flight Simulation WW I

3. "Windows cannot logon because the profile cannot be loaded."

4. dvips and texconfig

5. Problems logging in - "Windows cannot load the locally stored profile"

6. kernel etc.

7. Client Problem in Imaging "document page file cannot be found" when viewing TIF

8. AT&T Supplies Sourcebook

9. cant find the file "syscnfg.exe" and "Error loading reg678.dll"

10. Can't find "syscnfg.exe" and error loading "reg678.dll" ???

11. Trying to fix "NTLDR is missing"....

13. Need Help - "page cannot be displayed" problem