Win ME backup applet

Post by The Z Ma » Sun, 18 Jun 2000 04:00:00

I've heard through the 'rumor mill' that the backup applet has been
eliminated from ME. I've been told that it is not included in a recent beta
that is not expected to change much when the product is RTM. Will the backup
applet be included? I use the Win98SE applet all the time and it works
great. Will it at least be possible to download the applet? Thanks.

Win ME backup applet

Post by Doug Knox MS-MV » Sun, 18 Jun 2000 04:00:00

To quote another MVP, those who know cannot say, as its covered by a non-disclosure agreement.  You can check various web sites that are considered "press".  They have more latitude in what they can report than the beta testers can.

--
Doug Knox, Microsoft MVPDTS
* Help us help YOU - http://members.home.com/dts-l/goodpost.htm

Quote:> I've heard through the 'rumor mill' that the backup applet has been

Post by Steve Winogra » Thu, 22 Jun 2000 04:00:00

>I've heard through the 'rumor mill' that the backup applet has been
>eliminated from ME. I've been told that it is not included in a recent beta
>that is not expected to change much when the product is RTM. Will the backup
>applet be included? I use the Win98SE applet all the time and it works
>great. Will it at least be possible to download the applet? Thanks.

Windows Me has not been released to the public.  Those of us who have
used the Beta version are subject to a non-disclosure agreement and
cannot give specific information on questions such as this.

In the past, Microsoft has moved features to different locations on
the Windows CD and changed the method of installing them.  For
example, in Windows 95, Microsoft Fax is installed through Control
Panel | Add/Remove Programs | Windows Setup.  In Windows 98, Microsoft
Fax is installed by running programs in the Tools/Oldwin95/Message
folder on the CD.
--
Best Wishes,
Steve Winograd, MS-MVP (Desktop Systems)

Steve's Networking FAQ
http://www.sohointer.net/winograd/faq.htm