How to search in "Favorites"

Post by NYBacku » Mon, 09 Jun 2003 01:19:59

I miss being able to search for specific terms in
Microsoft Explorer "favorites" which I could do in
Netscape Navigator before it was obliterated by Microsoft.
Is there a way to search "favorites" in order to locate a
website filed there?

How to search in "Favorites"

Post by glee » Mon, 09 Jun 2003 05:48:09

This free add-in works great, and integrates into the browser as a Favorites Search Bar -
DZSoft Favorites Search:
http://www.dzsoft.com/favseek.htm

...glen
--
Glen Ventura, MS MVP W95/98 Systems

> I miss being able to search for specific terms in
> Microsoft Explorer "favorites" which I could do in
> Netscape Navigator before it was obliterated by Microsoft.
> Is there a way to search "favorites" in order to locate a
> website filed there?

How to search in "Favorites"

Post by Robin T Co » Mon, 09 Jun 2003 07:31:55

Quote:> I miss being able to search for specific terms in
> Microsoft Explorer "favorites" which I could do in
> Netscape Navigator before it was obliterated by Microsoft.
> Is there a way to search "favorites" in order to locate a
> website filed there?

Use Start/Find/Files or Folders, and then Browse to Look in the folder
where your Favorites are stored (in my W98SE setup they are in
C:\WINDOWS\Favorites). Ensure that the Include subfolders box is checked.
Then just hit Find Now.