WinZip 8.1

Post by JW » Fri, 06 Sep 2002 10:34:55

I have had WinZip installed since purchasing my
system...recently it has started to display the "WinZip
Install" dialog box every time that my system starts!  I
have uninstalled and reinstalled ... removed it from
the "Start ... Settings ... Taskbar and Startup" ...
ran "msconfig" and deselected in the "Startup" tab ... and
it still prompts for me install (although the icon is on
the desktop)... HELP!

WinZip 8.1

Post by Gail » Sat, 07 Sep 2002 01:25:17

I'm sure others could answer this MUCH better, but...
it is most likely in the RUN_ONCE part of the registry.
if you edit the registry, and ONLY remove the one
reference to Winzip install in the RUN_ONCE section of the
registry, you should solve your problem.

good luck,
Gail.

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>I have had WinZip installed since purchasing my
>system...recently it has started to display the "WinZip
>Install" dialog box every time that my system starts!  I
>have uninstalled and reinstalled ... removed it from
>the "Start ... Settings ... Taskbar and Startup" ...
>ran "msconfig" and deselected in the "Startup" tab ...
and
>it still prompts for me install (although the icon is on
>the desktop)... HELP!
>.

WinZip 8.1

Post by dkb » Sat, 07 Sep 2002 04:15:24

I had a similar type of problem once and it got solved but
do not know whether it should solve your winzip problem also?
I downloaded Paltalk. I tried to remove it from starting up
with windows  -- I failed, it came again and again. Then I
downloaded a small utility (free one) called "Startup
Control Panel By Mike Lin". (Startup Control Panel is a
nifty control panel applet that allows you to easily
configure which programs run when your computer starts). It
is available at
<http://www.mlin.net/StartupCPL.shtml>. and it solved my
problem.
Just try it.
Good Luck
dkb
Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>I have had WinZip installed since purchasing my
>system...recently it has started to display the "WinZip
>Install" dialog box every time that my system starts!  I
>have uninstalled and reinstalled ... removed it from
>the "Start ... Settings ... Taskbar and Startup" ...
>ran "msconfig" and deselected in the "Startup" tab ... and
>it still prompts for me install (although the icon is on
>the desktop)... HELP!
>.

WinZip 8.1

Post by erni » Sat, 07 Sep 2002 05:21:11

Find the file wininit.ini and rename it wininit.old. If that cures your
problem and nothing bad happens you may delete it. Do not get the wrong
file.

Quote:> I have had WinZip installed since purchasing my
> system...recently it has started to display the "WinZip
> Install" dialog box every time that my system starts!  I
> have uninstalled and reinstalled ... removed it from
> the "Start ... Settings ... Taskbar and Startup" ...
> ran "msconfig" and deselected in the "Startup" tab ... and
> it still prompts for me install (although the icon is on
> the desktop)... HELP!

1. Direct X 8.1 wont work

I updated my Rage Lt Pro AGP 2x driver, and installed
direct X 8.1, and when i try to test direct 3d, the direct
x 7 works, but when i try 8, it crashes, and i get this
error message Direct3D test results: Failure at step 5
(GetDeviceCaps): HRESULT = 0x8876086a (3D not available)
please try to help, i can't play any games on my computer
without it

2. Suspected bug report

3. Directx 8.1 and Dxdiag

4. A New Game Project

5. Directx 8.1 Problem, Please Help!!

6. Revo & Spell

7. Installed Directx 8.1 to Win98

8. FS: Inside Mac I, II, III, IV, V, and VI plus H/W Guide

9. DirectX 8.1

10. Direct X 8.1 installation

11. DirectX 8.1

12. DIRECTX 8.1

13. Slow response after installing SP2 and Directx 8.1