ksfilter

Post by Hugh Peacock » Tue, 13 Feb 2001 06:07:22

Hi,
Trying to install * on laptop,
I get message"cannot open fileC:/WINDOWS/INFksfilter"
HELP!!

ksfilter

Post by Steve Walke » Tue, 13 Feb 2001 05:34:54

Quote:> Hi,
> Trying to install * on laptop,
> I get message"cannot open fileC:/WINDOWS/INFksfilter"
> HELP!!

OK.  In your Windows/Inf folder you should have a file called ksfilter.inf.
Possibly it's not there, or possibly it's corrupted.   Try using System File
Checker to restore it, which will work if it's a atandard Windows file.  If
that doesn't work, look on the driver disk that came with the *, and
copy it over from that.

Caveat......  ksfilter.inf may be fine, and the problem is actually with the
process that's trying to open it or something.   I'm in the middle of a
* meltdown myself, so I'll be reading other replies with interest.

Good Luck!

1. How to get Ksfilter.inf from Win98 CD?

         Can you tell me how to get ksfilter.inf  file from Win 98? All of
them are packed!!

2. FP98 Customer Support Wizard