Fatal Error during boot

Post by mmfer » Sun, 04 Aug 2002 13:21:56

About 1 out of every 3 times I boot my computer I get the
error message 'Fatal Exception...OE occurred at
0177:bff9dba7' and then I get a blue screen.  Any ideas of
what is wrong and what I should do to fix?  Thanks.

Fatal Error during boot

Post by Eric Leg » Sun, 04 Aug 2002 19:41:31

GOOGLE GROUPS

Enter the name of the newsgroup you want to search in the search box. Say,
alt.windows98. In the next search box, enter your search phrase (or error
message) within double quotation marks. You have the options to search that
newsgroup only, search all newsgroups, or search the web.

Google's archived Usenet newsgroups -

http://www.google.com/grphp?hl=en&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=

Eric,

PC Buyer Beware!

http://www.legge40.freeserve.co.uk/BuyerBeware.htm

Fatal Error during boot

Post by Nutcas » Sun, 04 Aug 2002 20:34:06

Hi,

Likely a bad device driver, this article should help you isolate it:

How to Perform Clean-Boot Troubleshooting for Windows 98 [Q192926]
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q192926

--
Best of Luck,

Rick Rogers aka "Nutcase" MS-MVP - Win9x
Associate Expert - Windows XP
Please reply only to newsgroup...