How Can I on-cd password protect a CDR

Post by My Comput » Fri, 26 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Is there a program I can write onto the CDR to password protect it
even if that protection program is not installed on the computer in
which the CDR will be put in. In other words I would like to somehow
password protect my CDR so that no matter on which computer ( win 98
PC) it goes into, you will always need the password to access it. Can
I write the password protection onto to it anyhow.

How Can I on-cd password protect a CDR

Post by Kevi » Fri, 26 Mar 1999 04:00:00

You could use a 3rd-party utility to encrypt the files on the CDR (PGP,
Filewrangler, etc.) so that you would have to supply a password to read the files.

Post by Ron Badou » Fri, 26 Mar 1999 04:00:00

> Is there a program I can write onto the CDR to password protect it
> even if that protection program is not installed on the computer in
> which the CDR will be put in. In other words I would like to somehow
> password protect my CDR so that no matter on which computer ( win 98
> PC) it goes into, you will always need the password to access it. Can
> I write the password protection onto to it anyhow.

Use WinZip to create a password protected zip file.  You can also use
Norton's Secret Stuff:
http://shop.symantec.com/cgi-bin/trialware/Core/Core.pl?REGION=na&LAN...
--
Regards

Ron Badour, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
Tips Page:  http://members.xoom.com/rwbadour/
Knowledge Base Info:  http://support.microsoft.com/support/a.asp?M=S

1. Does password protecting a shared drive protect against virusses

Hi,

If a computer in my workgroup network gets infected with a virus which can
send itself thru the network to other computers, can I protect my computer
against that with pasword protection?
-I do not allow other computers to write to mine, just reading(only if the
password is correct)
-I've got fat32 drives
What if the other computers can write to my computer but do need a password
to do so?

Thanks in advance, Maarten

2. Access DB to Palm III

3. Password protect CD Drive...

4. Microsoft Resolves Class-Action Suit

5. After installing HP8210e USB cdr, OEM cd player detects all cds as audio

6. Need Chapter Meeting Topic Ideas

7. Lost IDE DVD/CDR and SCSI CDR

8. boarder

9. application for managing canned documents

10. Problem with Trash Cans

11. Backup program for CDR/CD-RW???

12. Installing CDR-Win on a pc with Adaptec ez cd installed

13. Win2000 CDR Adaptec EZ CD 4.02s w/Iomega ZipCD 650 will not work