breifcase

Post by amaynar » Thu, 27 Jan 2000 04:00:00

making a new  briefcase folder in win98se and 5.1,in explorer I double click
the folder I want  it to be in  as help says to do pull down file open new
click briefcase ,the problem is there is no briefcase listed in  the new
list , can some one please help ?
 Amaynard

breifcase

Post by amaynar » Thu, 27 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Rt click desk top there is no briefcase there either

Quote:> making a new  briefcase folder in win98se and 5.1,in explorer I double
click
> the folder I want  it to be in  as help says to do pull down file open new
> click briefcase ,the problem is there is no briefcase listed in  the new
> list , can some one please help ?
>  Amaynard

breifcase

Post by Ron Somme » Thu, 27 Jan 2000 04:00:00

   Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs, Windows Setup tab, highlight
Accessories, click on details button, put checkmark in Briefcase box.

Quote:> making a new  briefcase folder in win98se and 5.1,in explorer I double
click
> the folder I want  it to be in  as help says to do pull down file open new
> click briefcase ,the problem is there is no briefcase listed in  the new
> list , can some one please help ?
>  Amaynard

breifcase

Post by amaynar » Thu, 27 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Ok ,check mark will not stay in box details is grayed out  00mb listed  does
that mean  it didn't install ?,how would I install it
amaynard

>    Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs, Windows Setup tab, highlight
> Accessories, click on details button, put checkmark in Briefcase box.

> > making a new  briefcase folder in win98se and 5.1,in explorer I double
> click
> > the folder I want  it to be in  as help says to do pull down file open
new
> > click briefcase ,the problem is there is no briefcase listed in  the new
> > list , can some one please help ?
> >  Amaynard

breifcase

Post by Gary Terhun » Thu, 27 Jan 2000 04:00:00

What brand of system are you using? The only thing I can think of that would cause that is a highly modified OEM installation that won't let you install Briefcase. That might be difficult to get around.
--
Gary Terhune
MS MVP

> Ok ,check mark will not stay in box details is grayed out  00mb listed  does
> that mean  it didn't install ?,how would I install it
> amaynard

> >    Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs, Windows Setup tab, highlight
> > Accessories, click on details button, put checkmark in Briefcase box.

> > > making a new  briefcase folder in win98se and 5.1,in explorer I double
> > click
> > > the folder I want  it to be in  as help says to do pull down file open
> new
> > > click briefcase ,the problem is there is no briefcase listed in  the new
> > > list , can some one please help ?
> > >  Amaynard

breifcase

Post by amaynar » Thu, 27 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Micron 400  computer I have a copy of win98se that I sent for when MSN had
the 5.95 special I put that in and found the Briefcase listed in the windows
setup so I think you are correct this OEM disk  that came with the computer
does not have everything ,so I am all set here thanks all
 Amaynard

What brand of system are you using? The only thing I can think of that would
cause that is a highly modified OEM installation that won't let you install
Briefcase. That might be difficult to get around.
--
Gary Terhune
MS MVP
Desktop Systems

> Ok ,check mark will not stay in box details is grayed out  00mb listed
does
> that mean  it didn't install ?,how would I install it
> amaynard

> >    Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs, Windows Setup tab, highlight
> > Accessories, click on details button, put checkmark in Briefcase box.

> > > making a new  briefcase folder in win98se and 5.1,in explorer I double
> > click
> > > the folder I want  it to be in  as help says to do pull down file open
> new
> > > click briefcase ,the problem is there is no briefcase listed in  the
new
> > > list , can some one please help ?
> > >  Amaynard

1. Breifcase synchronisation

Whenever I synchronise my briefcase (on laptop running
Win2K) to files on a server, on the next sync, many of the
files show up as modified on both laptop and server (and
hence a 'skip' action. This means I have to trawl through
a lot of files each time I sync to check what actions are
to take place.

None of the files have been modified and the update window
even shows them as having the same last modified date and
time.

Any suggestions? Preference would be to force the files on
the laptop to replace server files.

Please reply to my email.

Thanks in advance
Roger Forrester

2. Layering Considered harmful

3. Breifcase & Direct Cable Connection

4. FS: Radvision Gateways PRI and BRI BRAND NEW

5. Breifcase Eat All my resorses During Update

6. computer-human interaction

7. Breifcase icon

8. X10 across two sides of a duplex