Removal of Drive F

Post by VIK » Sat, 23 Oct 1999 04:00:00

10/18/99
 I recently installed a CD/GAME copying program and it created a Drive F
in my WINFILE. I got scared and removed the program, but it left  the
drive in Winfile. How can I remove it?
 Vik Bajnath

Removal of Drive F

Post by Lee Chapell » Sat, 23 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Never use Winfile in Windows 9x. It is dangerous to your file names.
--
Lee
MVP [DTS]

Quote:> 10/18/99
>  I recently installed a CD/GAME copying program and it created a Drive F
> in my WINFILE. I got scared and removed the program, but it left  the
> drive in Winfile. How can I remove it?
>  Vik Bajnath

> --

Removal of Drive F

Post by Old Gu » Sat, 23 Oct 1999 04:00:00

You are asking for trouble using winfile in win 9x. You can get your
filenames all screwed up. Replace winfile with explorer in your ini file.

>10/18/99
> I recently installed a CD/GAME copying program and it created a Drive F
>in my WINFILE. I got scared and removed the program, but it left  the
>drive in Winfile. How can I remove it?
> Vik Bajnath

>--

1. SHGetFileInfo problem w/ Removal drive icons

Hi,

I'm using the SHGetFileInfo function to extract icons from the windows
shell to build a drive/directory tree like the windows explorer. For
some reason I don't get the correct icons for removal devices (eg.
Iomega Drives Zip,Jaz,etc..) However, all other drive icons appear to
be correct. Does anyone know the trick or method that the windows
explorer uses to get the correct removal drives icons? The windows
explorer seems to display the correct icons for removable drives (ie.
Zip,Jaz,etc...) Therefore, there must be a way. Does anyone know how to
extract the correct removal drive icons. Is there something in the
registry or some other function I could use besides the SHGetFileInfo?

Thanks in advance,
Robert.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Dos Compatibility.

3. Complete Removal of CD-RW Drive From W2K System ?

4. irda connection from wince to revo

5. Slow Win2k boot-up after drive removal

6. SQL Server Security

7. "Unsafe removal of device" with 20GB and 30GB Hard drives...

8. looking for registered version of apple II oasis located at

9. CD anb Zip drive are gone - Device Interface Removal notification

10. Complete Removal of CD-RW Drive From System ?

11. Programmatic Safe Removal of External Drive

12. Unsafe removal of device error - device is hard drive

13. usb2 hard drive unwanted instant restart after soft removal