help w/ ICS??

Post by Roblobste » Sun, 11 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Can anyone please suggest the easiest way to setup Internet Connection
Sharing? I have already setup both computers with the network card via a hub
and they can both access each other fine. The one connected to the cable
modem is Win98SE and the client is running WinNT4. I believe the setup on
the host is fine with IP set to 192.168.0.1.
During the ICS enabling process, it created a floppy which I guess is to be
installed on the clients. When I tried executing the file, it tells me that
Windows was unable to detect a network adapter. What am I doing wrong?
Please help. Thanks for reading.

help w/ ICS??

Post by Doug Knox MS-MV » Sun, 11 Jun 2000 04:00:00

http://www.sohointer.net and http://www.timhiggins.com both have some very good info on setting up and troubleshooting ICS.

--
Doug Knox, Microsoft MVPDTS
* Help us help YOU - http://members.home.com/dts-l/goodpost.htm

> Can anyone please suggest the easiest way to setup Internet Connection
> Sharing? I have already setup both computers with the network card via a hub
> and they can both access each other fine. The one connected to the cable
> modem is Win98SE and the client is running WinNT4. I believe the setup on
> the host is fine with IP set to 192.168.0.1.
> During the ICS enabling process, it created a floppy which I guess is to be
> installed on the clients. When I tried executing the file, it tells me that
> Windows was unable to detect a network adapter. What am I doing wrong?
> Please help. Thanks for reading.

help w/ ICS??

Post by Lee Chapell » Sun, 11 Jun 2000 04:00:00

I have found it frequently the ICS client disk does not detect the client's network adapter, it does not mean that the setup won't work. I don't recall the exact steps to set up a client manually on NT4 but the pages Doug referred will lead you there. There are only two settings, the client TCP/IP binding should be set to obtain an IP address automatically by DHCP, and the IE5 connection setting is connect using a LAN.
--
Lee Chapelle
MS-MVP (DTS)

> Can anyone please suggest the easiest way to setup Internet Connection
> Sharing? I have already setup both computers with the network card via a hub
> and they can both access each other fine. The one connected to the cable
> modem is Win98SE and the client is running WinNT4. I believe the setup on
> the host is fine with IP set to 192.168.0.1.
> During the ICS enabling process, it created a floppy which I guess is to be
> installed on the clients. When I tried executing the file, it tells me that
> Windows was unable to detect a network adapter. What am I doing wrong?
> Please help. Thanks for reading.

1. HELP with ICS - HELP!!!!!!!!!

Hi,
Did someone can give me a hits please?!

Here are my situation.  I have a LAN w/ a pc under w2k
(it's the server) and 3 clients - 1 pc client under w98
and 2 laptop clients under w98.  The ICS  are activated on
the server (connection ADSL).  Both, the server and the
client (the pc one) can connect to  Internet no problem
(MTU problem has been solved for them as indicated in the
Microsoft knowledge base and now it's works very properly).

Here are the problem - MTU w/ laptop under win98.  I made
the changes about the MTU and it's work fine for the
server and the pc client but not for the laptop clients. I
have also made the corrections for the MTU on the laptop
but it doesn't work.  The network card on the laptop are
PCMCIA and the laptop are TOSHIBA.  I dont' know what I
should do now to be workink properly....

I try every solutions... did someone can help me w/ my
problem or give me a web site, something... I'm so
blocked!!!

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks!.

2. Recent uploads to Aminet

3. ICS problem......help...help...help...!

4. DNS Suffix

5. PPPoE with ICS Requires MTU Setting Below 1492 on the ICS Client

6. LWP ftp , password, and logic question

7. ICS does not work without user logged on to ICS machine

8. Compatiblity with Pentium Pro....

9. ICS only works when someone is logged on at the ICS host

10. Will Win2000 laptop use ICS from Win98 ICS?

11. Will Win98SE ICS work with Win2K ICS?

12. ICS - Can't connect anymore since ICS is installed

13. ICS - Windows 2000 problem - please help!