Windows Explorer Failure

Post by Newhoosie » Sun, 08 Sep 2002 06:24:26

Occasionally I get an Explorer message that says "This
program has performed an illegal operation and will be
shut down."  Can anyone help me resolve this?  I have a
Presario 5340 Windows 98.  Thanks

Windows Explorer Failure

Post by erni » Sun, 08 Sep 2002 18:00:19

Next time it happens click the Details button and copy it, up to the word
"Registers", into a post back.

Quote:> Occasionally I get an Explorer message that says "This
> program has performed an illegal operation and will be
> shut down."  Can anyone help me resolve this?  I have a
> Presario 5340 Windows 98.  Thanks

1. Windows Explorer Failures

When I try to do a cut or copy and paste in Windows Explorer, the program
cycles for a minute or so, then closes, and closes some of the apps in the
taskbar.

How can I correct this?

If it means reinstalling or repairing Windows Explorer, How do I do that?

I'm running Windows 2000 Server, 5.00.2195 Service Pack 2

2. Flashcard program recommendation

3. Windows Explorer failure

4. SBlive installation troubles

5. Problems with no icons showing. Windows explorer failure

6. Java Exception Message

7. internet explorer 6 beta + windows 2000 = windows explorer problem

8. WTB: Indigo graphics board or CPU

9. Explorer "Copy to:" failure

10. Explorer failure

11. Failure of Explorer to launch