Going back to Windows95

Post by zxcv » Mon, 09 Sep 2002 11:15:57

Greetings! I upgraded to Windows98 from Windows95 through Upgrade
Windows98 CD-ROM. Now if go back to Windows95, What shall I miss? Can
I still use Windows97 Word And Excel? How shall I go back to
Windows95? With thanks.

Going back to Windows95

Post by Bill in Colorad » Mon, 09 Sep 2002 11:46:49

Good Luck.  I wouldn't try it if I were you.   Unless you're prepared for
the *possibility* of having to reinstall everything.

> Greetings! I upgraded to Windows98 from Windows95 through Upgrade
> Windows98 CD-ROM. Now if go back to Windows95, What shall I miss? Can
> I still use Windows97 Word And Excel? How shall I go back to
> Windows95? With thanks.

Going back to Windows95

Post by Warre » Mon, 09 Sep 2002 12:50:14

What did you not like about Win98 that makes you want to go back?  One of the
biggest drawbacks would be the loss of the Windows Update feature to keep your
operating system patched and up to date.

If it's a performance issue, there are many tweaks that can greatly speed up
Win98 and drop many of the unnecessary new additions so it looks acts and feels
like Win95.

Warren

Quote:> Greetings! I upgraded to Windows98 from Windows95 through Upgrade
> Windows98 CD-ROM. Now if go back to Windows95, What shall I miss? Can
> I still use Windows97 Word And Excel? How shall I go back to
> Windows95? With thanks.

Going back to Windows95

Post by Hugh Candli » Mon, 09 Sep 2002 15:49:14

Quote:> Greetings! I upgraded to Windows98 from Windows95 through Upgrade
> Windows98 CD-ROM. Now if go back to Windows95, What shall I miss? Can
> I still use Windows97 Word And Excel? How shall I go back to
> Windows95? With thanks.

I can understand your displeasure with Win 98,
but I would advise you to upgrade, to Win 98 SE,
rather than to downgrade to Windows 95.

1. windows95 files backed up

Backed up certain files before doing a clean install of Win98.  How do I
restore those files backed up in Win95 to Win98.  Seagate in Win98 doesn't
recognize those file and will not restore.  Help is needed on this problem.
Is there a way to install the Win95 backup program to Win 98?

2. Page Inheritance problem using Visual Studio.Net

3. Newbie: backing up registry / go-back facility

4. The state of DTP and the Apple IIgs

5. Sound goes on,sound goes off, sound goes on,sound goes off...AHH!

6. More of the ongoing battle with dbms_sql

7. Machine just keeps going and going and going.....

8. My game prototype and it's progress...

9. CD-Roms Gone Gone Gone....

10. Restore or go back on the directory

11. Reset- going back on the directory

13. Going back to SP1 from Sp2