1. Quick View feature not working in Windows Explorer (Win 98 SE)
When I use Windows Explorer (Win 98 SE), I ususally use the Details
view with "as Web Page" disabled.
In the past I seem to recall that with "as Web Page" enabled, when I
moved my mouse over a .jpg file, the file image would appear on the
screen in Windows Explorer as a thumbnail.
Now, this feature has stopped working for some unknown reason.
I have read some postings under this Newsgroup about this subject and
done the following:
1. I uninstalled Quick View and reinstalled it from my Win 98 SE CD
2. I have put a short-cut to the Windows\SendTo folder to the program,
3. On the Folder Properties for the folder containing some .jpg files,
I clicked "Enable Thumbnail View."
Now even though the thumnail doesn't appear in Windows Explorer, I can
right click the .jpg file and select Send To the Quick View program.
I get an intermediate message that says,
"There are no viewers registered for this type of file. Would you
like to try the default viewers. Yes or No."
I click "Yes" and the Quick View viewer opens up with a view of the
selected .jpg file.
My questions are:
1. Why doesn't Quick View produce a thumbnail when I highlight the
file in Windows Explorer with "as Web Page" enabled?
2. Does the "Enable Thumbnail View" option on Folder Properties have
anything to do with the Quick View program?
3. How do I "register" .jpg files with the Quick View program so that
I don't get the intermediate message shown above.
I look forward to your comments on this problem.
Grants Pass, OR
(Submitted thru google.com on 4/12/03 at apx. 1:34 pm pdt)
2. Help, I am brain dead!
3. Windows 98 Windows Explorer web view no longer works
4. This Is a Recorded Ripoff...
5. Windows Explorer - Windows 98 SE - No 'Details' View
6. Participatory Design Conference-ADVANCE PROGRAM
7. Default view for Windows Explorer 98
8. Is someone using...
9. Missing Folder View in Windows 98 Explorer.
10. 98 Windows Explorer missing column headings and info in details view
11. How Can I Install Windows Quick View Under Windows 2000?
12. Change Windows Explorer Default View to Detail View
13. Making Default View In Windows Explorer To Stay On "Detailed View"