DLL files & registry files

Post by Andy » Fri, 24 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Is the anyway I can find out the dll & registry files I don't use and delete
them?

DLL files & registry files

Post by bcoo » Fri, 24 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> Is the anyway I can find out the dll & registry files I don't use and
delete
> them?

Over the past several years, seems as though so many utilities have come
out purportedly able
to effectively and accurately detect superfluous dll's and whatnot for safe
removal from the HDD.
 I have never tried one that I trusted completely.
Since I've learned how to investigate the utility's findings on my own,
almost invariably there are bad choices
that are made concerning orphan dll's.  The only thing that has kept me at
ease is to monitor the installation
of software and maintain a log for reference.  Further, the SFC (System
File Checker) can be used to
confirm that certain dll's recently added  belong to a specific program.
Even at that, I use caution before
deleting them from my HDD.  I suppose cleaning up the registry has its
hazards as well.  That is why
such utilities usually provide an UNDO.reg if you get into trouble.  My
point:  Exercise extreme CAUTION!
IMHO
-B

1. missing dll files: CFGMGR32.DLL & powrprof.dll

Hello and thanks to anyone that can help, my OS is Windows
98 SE and I keep getting the error message upon startup
that I am missing these two dll files:
CFGMGR32.DLL:CM_Get_Log_Conf_Priority & powrprof.dll. Is
there any way to re-obtain these files? And how would I
find that access? Thanks in advance to all.
Tony V.

2. Audionaut Selected 2 CD

3. back orifice - files msl12.dll & windll.dll

4. Restoring problems, HELP

5. QuickPrint missing files: oleacc.dll & pci.dll

6. 2 IDE Hard Drives (DOS & NS/I 3.2)

7. What are dll files and the registry?

8. Problems with JPEG viewing

9. restoring original files for opening dll files

10. restore microsoft desk.cpl file and dll file?

11. How to integrate WTS dll files into EXE file?

12. Un installed "release Ram' software, File CSAPI3T1.DLL File may be corrupted

13. Cannot copy & past files - Error in CFSSVRADMIN.DLL