Font Folder Problem

Font Folder Problem

Post by Alien Veno » Tue, 30 May 2000 04:00:00



Recently, I've noticed that my fonts folder isn't being completely reconized
by Windows. Sure enough, all my fonts are located in that folder, but I can
put any type of files I want to. Not just fonts. When I add a new font, it
doesn't appear in my applications, and in the registry, the new font name
isn't added. The fonts folder should have special menus such as "Install New
Font..." under the file menu, and a bunch of other menus such as "View by
Font Type" and "Similarity" and many others. They do not exist. Hopefully a
very experienced windows user reads this and helps me out, but this, I
believe is  a registry issue, I think that in my registry, there is a
missing key or keys that tell windows that my fonts folder is really my
fonts folder. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

- Brian

 
 
 

Font Folder Problem

Post by Mike Burges » Tue, 30 May 2000 04:00:00


AV,
Q133725 - Missing Menu Commands in the Fonts Folder
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q133/7/25.asp

Mike Burgess                   Microsoft MVP  DTS
"Troubleshooting Self-Inflicted User Problems"
http://members.home.net/mjburgess52/
Please post replies to this Newsgroup, email address is invalid
--


Quote:> Recently, I've noticed that my fonts folder isn't being completely
reconized
> by Windows. Sure enough, all my fonts are located in that folder, but I
can
> put any type of files I want to. Not just fonts. When I add a new font, it
> doesn't appear in my applications, and in the registry, the new font name
> isn't added. The fonts folder should have special menus such as "Install
New
> Font..." under the file menu, and a bunch of other menus such as "View by
> Font Type" and "Similarity" and many others. They do not exist. Hopefully
a
> very experienced windows user reads this and helps me out, but this, I
> believe is  a registry issue, I think that in my registry, there is a
> missing key or keys that tell windows that my fonts folder is really my
> fonts folder. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

> - Brian


 
 
 

Font Folder Problem

Post by Alien Veno » Tue, 30 May 2000 04:00:00


Mike, thank you very much for your help wiht this topic. Because of you, my
computer is in ship-shape...
- Brian

> AV,
> Q133725 - Missing Menu Commands in the Fonts Folder
> http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q133/7/25.asp

> Mike Burgess                   Microsoft MVP  DTS
> "Troubleshooting Self-Inflicted User Problems"
> http://members.home.net/mjburgess52/
> Please post replies to this Newsgroup, email address is invalid
> --



> > Recently, I've noticed that my fonts folder isn't being completely
> reconized
> > by Windows. Sure enough, all my fonts are located in that folder, but I
> can
> > put any type of files I want to. Not just fonts. When I add a new font,
it
> > doesn't appear in my applications, and in the registry, the new font
name
> > isn't added. The fonts folder should have special menus such as "Install
> New
> > Font..." under the file menu, and a bunch of other menus such as "View
by
> > Font Type" and "Similarity" and many others. They do not exist.
Hopefully
> a
> > very experienced windows user reads this and helps me out, but this, I
> > believe is  a registry issue, I think that in my registry, there is a
> > missing key or keys that tell windows that my fonts folder is really my
> > fonts folder. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

> > - Brian

 
 
 

Font Folder Problem

Post by Mike Burges » Tue, 30 May 2000 04:00:00


AV,
You're welcome .... glad to see that you're "up-n-running"

Mike Burgess                   Microsoft MVP  DTS
"Troubleshooting Self-Inflicted User Problems"
http://members.home.net/mjburgess52/
Please post replies to this Newsgroup, email address is invalid
--


> Mike, thank you very much for your help wiht this topic. Because of you,
my
> computer is in ship-shape...
> - Brian


> > AV,
> > Q133725 - Missing Menu Commands in the Fonts Folder
> > http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q133/7/25.asp

> > Mike Burgess                   Microsoft MVP  DTS
> > "Troubleshooting Self-Inflicted User Problems"
> > http://members.home.net/mjburgess52/
> > Please post replies to this Newsgroup, email address is invalid
> > --



> > > Recently, I've noticed that my fonts folder isn't being completely
> > reconized
> > > by Windows. Sure enough, all my fonts are located in that folder, but
I
> > can
> > > put any type of files I want to. Not just fonts. When I add a new
font,
> it
> > > doesn't appear in my applications, and in the registry, the new font
> name
> > > isn't added. The fonts folder should have special menus such as
"Install
> > New
> > > Font..." under the file menu, and a bunch of other menus such as "View
> by
> > > Font Type" and "Similarity" and many others. They do not exist.
> Hopefully
> > a
> > > very experienced windows user reads this and helps me out, but this, I
> > > believe is  a registry issue, I think that in my registry, there is a
> > > missing key or keys that tell windows that my fonts folder is really
my
> > > fonts folder. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

> > > - Brian

 
 
 

1. Font folder problem

Has anyone ever had a problem with Explorer crashing as
you access the fonts folder? Explorer crashes if I access
it through explorer or control panel? I am running a Win
2000 pro machine with SP2 and Novell client 4.8. If anyone
needs more information just ask. I have researched this
for quite awhile and have found no answers for this
problem. Any help would be very appreciated.

Thanks,
Chad

2. bibliography in TOC

3. Fonts folder problem

4. XZ and YZ planes from XY slices. Please help!

5. Problems generating logfiles

6. font folder problem WARNING

7. A chroot problem

8. fonts folder problem

9. Font Folder Problem

10. Fonts and font folder

11. NO "Install New Font" option in Fonts folder

12. Can't add fonts to font folder