Where are the Fonts, Sounds, Wallpapers?

Where are the Fonts, Sounds, Wallpapers?

Post by fiveoak » Tue, 20 Apr 1999 04:00:00

After re-installing Win98 from the CD I find that the number of Fonts,
Sounds, and Wallpaper choices are just a fraction of what came installed on
my machine (Dell D300)...Where did they go and how can I get them back?  Any
ideas anyone?  Thanks, Bill

Where are the Fonts, Sounds, Wallpapers?

Post by Bert » Tue, 20 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Hi Bill

The fonts you are missing most likely were installed with other
software. Such as MS-Office, etc. Here are a couple of articles
that may help.

This article lists the default fonts included with Windows 98
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q195/7/08.asp

Fonts supplied with common products
http://www.microsoft.com/typography/fonts/default.htm

As far as the wallpaper goes go to add/remove programs
- Windows Setup - Accessories - Details - Desktop Wallpaper
and check for installed wallpaper.

--
Regards
Bert [BTG]

Remove the NS to reply

Quote:> After re-installing Win98 from the CD I find that the number of Fonts,
> Sounds, and Wallpaper choices are just a fraction of what came installed
on
> my machine (Dell D300)...Where did they go and how can I get them back?
Any
> ideas anyone?  Thanks, Bill

Where are the Fonts, Sounds, Wallpapers?

Post by fiveoak » Tue, 20 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Bert - thanks for the response...the wallpapers were easy.  The Fonts may be
another story.  I'm now getting an Error  Message:..."Windows Registry has
reported that one or more required files are damaged or missing. To correct
the problems run Word Set-up Program...insert the first Word disk..."   No
Word disk came with the computer.  (At least I know where the fonts have
gone...I think.)  Bill

>Hi Bill

>The fonts you are missing most likely were installed with other
>software. Such as MS-Office, etc. Here are a couple of articles
>that may help.

>This article lists the default fonts included with Windows 98
>http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q195/7/08.asp

>Fonts supplied with common products
>http://www.microsoft.com/typography/fonts/default.htm

>As far as the wallpaper goes go to add/remove programs
>- Windows Setup - Accessories - Details - Desktop Wallpaper
>and check for installed wallpaper.

>--
>Regards
>Bert [BTG]

>Remove the NS to reply

1. Sound goes on,sound goes off, sound goes on,sound goes off...AHH!

Now this is very bugging. Sometimes I'm typing in ICQ which makes a typing
sound, and then the Internet Call Manager(a program which alerts you if
someone is calling which on net) pop-up windows appears because someone
calls,then it has to do the ring sound, and at the end ,the sound is GONE!
This happens in other occasions if two sound "collide" and this REALLY bugs
me so much,I have to restart the comp.
Anyone got any idea how to get this frustrating problem to go away simply by
returning the sound??? i tried closing all the programs ctrl-alt-del and
nothing gives it back and when attempting to listen to media or record,it
says:MMSYSTEM04 is currently in use....
So please help, it's weird.
And that darned SBAWE64 of mine just stops its Reverb(echo) powers if I just
pressed the Windows button from a DOS game to return to Windows, any idea
how to make this problem stop too? Any way to make some  of my DOS
games(such emulators or games like DukeNukem3d) ignore that button? I know
the options properties of a file DOS prompt style would say some ALT-___
controls and I did uncheck them but what I want is the Windows button which
really bugs us in the middle of ctrl-alt.

2. databind does not populate data in dropdownlist

3. How do I change login display (wallpaper, font, etc)?

4. AE Drive

5. anti alias/dithered fonts/font smoothing all fonts?

6. Question re: Pro Keyboard

7. GPO sets wallpaper and the wallpaper turns out fuzzy

8. 2MB Upgrade for PIII work for PV?

9. Am I admin or am I not Admin, that is the question.

10. Old wallpaper displays even when new wallpaper selected.

11. I am trying to protect my share folder with password....I am using WinXP OS.

12. sound blaster live 5.1 -- sound in Me, no sound in w2k

13. Fonts and font folder