windows95 files backed up

Post by Harol » Thu, 02 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Backed up certain files before doing a clean install of Win98.  How do I
restore those files backed up in Win95 to Win98.  Seagate in Win98 doesn't
recognize those file and will not restore.  Help is needed on this problem.
Is there a way to install the Win95 backup program to Win 98?

windows95 files backed up

Post by Gary Terhun » Thu, 02 Sep 1999 04:00:00

AFAIK, 95 Backup & 98 Backup are completely incompatible, especially if the
B/U spans media (more than one disk/tape.) You need to restore those 95
files on a 95 OS, use something else to archive them and then transfer them
to your 98 system. (I "simply" reinstalled 95 on a separate Logical DOS
partition, restored my B/U to a new folder on an extended partition, and
then read from that into my 98 system.)

GAry

Quote:> Backed up certain files before doing a clean install of Win98.  How do I