Windows Installer error, please help, arghh

Windows Installer error, please help, arghh

Post by Sean Gerri » Thu, 27 Feb 2003 20:33:18

Hello,

Please help, I have always had problems with installing
things, games, latest office etc. The error that keeps
coming up is:

1906 faield to cache package c:\windows\temp\9426b.msi
error: -2147286775. Contact your support personnel.

I know the problem is related to the Windows Installer,
Ive tried many things, Ive installed the windows installer
again and again (InstMsi.exe) and the latest one
(InstMsiA.exe) which didnt work.
Ive reinstalled windows 98 twice, Ive tried to put on
Windows 2000 that I got but it wont install because of the
Windows Installer problem.
And at the weekend I formatted my whole c drive and
reinstalled windows, and still Im getting the same error.
Im pulling my hair out, I just cant see why it keeps
popping up this error.

Please can anyone help me out there, Im doin computer
studies as a degree and I need to install things related
to my course, I need office to install to write up
reports, and of course games are important to, hey,
afterall I am a student! lol ;)

So please, Im reaching out to anyone who can help me,

or reply to this post.

I will be very grateful,
all the best
Sean Gerrie

Windows Installer error, please help, arghh

Post by Henri Leboeu » Thu, 27 Feb 2003 23:04:12

Start here.
http://www.generation.net/~hleboeuf/msi.htm
--

Henri Leboeuf

> Hello,

> Please help, I have always had problems with installing
> things, games, latest office etc. The error that keeps
> coming up is:

> 1906 faield to cache package c:\windows\temp\9426b.msi
> error: -2147286775. Contact your support personnel.

> I know the problem is related to the Windows Installer,
> Ive tried many things, Ive installed the windows installer
> again and again (InstMsi.exe) and the latest one
> (InstMsiA.exe) which didnt work.
> Ive reinstalled windows 98 twice, Ive tried to put on
> Windows 2000 that I got but it wont install because of the
> Windows Installer problem.
> And at the weekend I formatted my whole c drive and
> reinstalled windows, and still Im getting the same error.
> Im pulling my hair out, I just cant see why it keeps
> popping up this error.

> Please can anyone help me out there, Im doin computer
> studies as a degree and I need to install things related
> to my course, I need office to install to write up
> reports, and of course games are important to, hey,
> afterall I am a student! lol ;)

> So please, Im reaching out to anyone who can help me,

> or reply to this post.

> I will be very grateful,
> all the best
> Sean Gerrie

1. Errors errors and more errors!, Win2k ArGhh!

Hi,
Anyone help me out with these errors that occur every startup, I have tried
everything re: IRQ and ACPI to stop my system freezing at least once an
hour. Perhaps these have something to do with it.

Event Type: Error
Event Source: perfctrs
Event Category: None
Event ID: 3101
Date:  21/02/2001
Time:  23:02:48
User:  N/A
Computer: LOCALHOST
Unable to read IO control information from NBT device.

Event Type: Error
Event Source: W3Ctrs
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1003
Date:  21/02/2001
Time:  22:37:08
User:  N/A
Computer: LOCALHOST
Unable to query the W3SVC (HTTP) service performance data. The error code
returned by the service is data DWORD 0.
For additional information specific to this message please visit the
Microsoft Online Support site located at:

Data:
0000: b5 06 00 00               ...

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Server
Event Category: None
Event ID: 2506
Date:  21/02/2001
Time:  23:02:20
User:  N/A
Computer: LOCALHOST
The value named MaxMpxCt in the server's Registry key
LanmanServer\Parameters was invalid.  The value was ignored,

and processing continued.
Data:
0000: 57 00 00 00               W...

Event Type: Error
Event Source: MSFTPSVC
Event Category: None
Event ID: 105
Date:  21/02/2001
Time:  23:02:31
User:  N/A
Computer: LOCALHOST
The server was unable to register the administration tool discovery
information.  The administration tool may not be

able to see this server.  The data is the error code.
For additional information specific to this message please visit the
Microsoft Online Support site located at:

Data:
0000: c6 04 00 00               ?...

I want to go back to windows98 so bad.

2. PS printer recomendations

3. Please help with Windows Installer Problem - URGENT

4. Update version in sourcecode

5. Windows Installer, Please Help

6. Second ask re Tosh E740 - - please read in ....

7. Windows Installer trouble -please help

8. Delete standard ROM applications on 5mx pro

9. Help!! "windows installer error"

10. HELP!?! Windows 2000 Installer Error Message

11. error message windows socket error please help

12. Windows Installers "Unexpected Error" / SP3 Error

13. ODBC Installer - problem, please help me