How stop w98 using homedir for profiles

Post by Henrik Eriksso » Fri, 28 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Need to config W98 to store userprofile on C:. By defalt W98 stores on
%homedir% if there is a NT network runing.

1. Mapping to homedirs: sometimes a user ends up in the root folder of all homedirs

Hi,

On my network something strange happens (rarely occurs).

When a user tries to enter his homedir the mapping goes to
the root folder where all homedirs are, instead of going
to his own folder.

I checked all users accouns who have this problem. All
accounts have the correct mapping to the homedir.

I have to say that we are in a true terminal server
environment with thinclients and all OS's are windows 2000
(sp3). I have made no changes and the problem popped up
spotaniesly

I dont have any clue why this happens. Anyone seen this
before ? Maybe there is a fix for this from MS ?

I'm very sorry for my bad english, I hope it is clear
enough.

Help is appreciated, so tnx in advance.

Kind regards,

Wouter

2. Exabyte reads over EOF

3. Delete user profile and homedir easily

4. c-mode blink-paren matching

5. getting files from machine using W98 to machine using W2000 Prof

6. 5ESS Question

7. How do you stop users from using restart or stop

8. Registry...still asking 4 help.

9. HELP: Setup for Roaming Profiles in a Lab -- stop cluttered profile directory

10. How to delete the local profile when using Roaming Profiles

11. can't find profile, using temporary profile

12. W98 wont stop...

13. W98 shut down stopped by Norton anti virus