(PC) URL links in Outlook Express email goes into my Netscape browser to open

(PC) URL links in Outlook Express email goes into my Netscape browser to open

Post by Fr. Richard W. Gan » Sun, 20 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Whenever I get an email on Outlook Express, and there is an underlined url,
I click and it goes into my Netscape Communicator program.  How do I set
options so it clicks on Internet Explorer?  Please email me also privately,

Thanks,  Father Richard Gant, London

(PC) URL links in Outlook Express email goes into my Netscape browser to open

Post by Byron Hinson MSMV » Sun, 20 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Hi

Open up Internet Explorer and go to Internet Options - then click on the
PROGRAMS tab and the top - you can set it up there.

--
Byron Hinson
Microsoft MVP

>Whenever I get an email on Outlook Express, and there is an underlined url,
>I click and it goes into my Netscape Communicator program.  How do I set
>options so it clicks on Internet Explorer?  Please email me also privately,

>Thanks,  Father Richard Gant, London

(PC) URL links in Outlook Express email goes into my Netscape browser to open

Post by Richard O. Brook » Sun, 20 Sep 1998 04:00:00

I have this problem at work, at home is ok. I just checked the settings you
referred to and don't see one for this. The only possibility I see is to
have IE check to see if it is default browser. Is this the setting you are
talking about? It is not checked on my home machine.

>Hi

>Open up Internet Explorer and go to Internet Options - then click on the
>PROGRAMS tab and the top - you can set it up there.

>--
>Byron Hinson
>Microsoft MVP
>ActiveWindows - http://www.activewin.com
>ActiveIE - http://www.activeie.com
>Homepage - http://www.activeie.com/byron
>Dark-Design - http://www.dark-design.com

>>Whenever I get an email on Outlook Express, and there is an underlined
url,
>>I click and it goes into my Netscape Communicator program.  How do I set
>>options so it clicks on Internet Explorer?  Please email me also
privately,

>>Thanks,  Father Richard Gant, London

1. Can not open URL link from Outlook Express

I recently installed Win2000 (dual-boot with Win98) and it
comes with IE 5.01 (I believe). I already installed all the
service patches.

The problem is that, while on Outlook Express, if I click on a
URL link, IE opens but fails to display the webpage. I other
words, can not open the link. I figure the problem is either
with Outlook Express or with IE becasue Netscape links work
fine.

Any help is greatly appreciated

--
Hector Rivera

2. R14 dual monitor?

3. Address toolbar will not open address and Outlook does not open urls in e-mail

4. Need Advice on Selecting an Inkjet PLOTTER

5. clicking link in email opens browser but also "open with" window

6. Amiga 3000

7. URL links in Netscape mail/news -> opening with IE

8. seeking sample CL to download file to PC using Client Access

9. URL Link Opens In IE INSTEAD OF NETSCAPE

10. Copying Win98 Outlook Express 6 email to W2k Server Outlook Express 6

11. Can't access URLs sent in emails on Outlook Express

12. Netscape browser to work with Microsoft Outlook Express

13. make Netscape recognize Outlook Express as my e-mail program