Fonts folder problem

Post by Dale » Tue, 18 Apr 2000 04:00:00

When I go to control panel and then Fonts, there is no "Install new font" on
the file menu.  Any idea how to get it to show up.
Dale

Fonts folder problem

Post by Tom Porterfiel » Tue, 18 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Make sure that the fonts folder is set as system:

attrib +s %windir%\fonts

If that doesn't fix it, open TweakUI in your Control Panel and go to the
Repair tab.  Tell it to repair fonts.  If you don't have TweakUI in your
Control Panel, you can download it from the Windows 98 downloads section
at www.winmag.com.

--
Tom Porterfield
MS-MVP DTS

Quote:> When I go to control panel and then Fonts, there is no "Install new
font" on
> the file menu.  Any idea how to get it to show up.
> Dale

Fonts folder problem

Post by Julia Guet » Sun, 23 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Go to Microsoft's Knoledge Base and check out
Article ID: Q133725

Quote:> When I go to control panel and then Fonts, there is no "Install new font"
on
> the file menu.  Any idea how to get it to show up.
> Dale

Fonts folder problem

Post by Julia Guet » Sun, 23 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Go to Microsoft's Knoledge Base and check out
Article ID: Q133725

Quote:> When I go to control panel and then Fonts, there is no "Install new font"
on
> the file menu.  Any idea how to get it to show up.
> Dale

1. Font folder problem

Has anyone ever had a problem with Explorer crashing as
you access the fonts folder? Explorer crashes if I access
it through explorer or control panel? I am running a Win
2000 pro machine with SP2 and Novell client 4.8. If anyone
needs more information just ask. I have researched this
for quite awhile and have found no answers for this
problem. Any help would be very appreciated.

Thanks,
Chad

2. ACT X-10 class, Update?!?

3. Fonts folder problem

4. Problems With Siemens Gigaset 2420

5. font folder problem WARNING

6. selecting text in pdf doc

7. fonts folder problem

8. USR56K: Keeps showing as "Standard Modem"

9. Font Folder Problem

10. Fonts and font folder

11. NO "Install New Font" option in Fonts folder

12. Can't add fonts to font folder