Personal Web Server problems

Post by Chris Ev » Mon, 08 Feb 1999 04:00:00

Having been running PWS for w95 on a separate machine for some while no
problem, I've just tried to install PWS for w98 on my local machine. When
trying to access it the machine insisted on dialling to the internet before
allowing me access. So I de-installed it. Now I can't access the PWS on my
networked w95 machine until I'm connected to the www. If I ping the w95
machine the Dial-Up Networking box pops up, if I cancel this the w95
machine responds to the ping. Similar symptoms if I ftp to the w95 machine,
but I can't establish an http connection to the w95 machine until I'm
connected to the www. Can someone please tell me what has PWS for w98
changed on my local w98 machine and how can I change it back ?

TIA

Chris

1. Personal Web Server problems - please help!

Hi,
I installed PWS as part of Internet Information Services from the Win2k
CD.  Now Personal Web Manager shortcut appears under the administrative
tools in the Control Panel, but when I try to launch it, nothing
happens!  Absolutely nothing!  I really don't know how to try
troubleshooting this.  Any help would be appreciated.

TIA,

--l

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Xara Sells Up to Corel

3. Personal Web Server Problem

4. Big trouble running Java 1.1.4 on Warp Server for SMP

5. Personal Web Server Problems

6. ultra fast RAM/ROM

7. Problem in ODBC DSN connectivity through Personal Web Server (PWS)

8. OCX for viewing SGI-RGB pictures?

9. Win98 Personal Web Server Install Problem

10. Personal web server/Active Server Pages

11. Does Window 2000 Contain Personal Web Server?

12. Personal Web Server Question

13. Personal web server question and issues help please