Outlook Express installed with new Windows 98 platform.

Outlook Express installed with new Windows 98 platform.

Post by Joe Sever » Sat, 06 Nov 1999 04:00:00

How can MSN give me so incomplete an E-mail (OE5) w/o basic features like
cut, paste copy, undo & NO SPELL CHECK? My W95 had all these features.

Secondly, there is no upgrade available for these omissions, & I believe
MSN wants me to pay just to speak with a techie on how-to! What am I
missing here?

Outlook Express installed with new Windows 98 platform.

Post by Richard G. Harpe » Sat, 06 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Hmmm ... My copy of OE5 has cut, copy, paste and undo, all under the Edit
selection.  Are you sure you're not trying to select them in contexts where
they will have no effect (like in a folder or newsgroup listing)?

Spell check has never been part of Windows or of Outlook Express.  This
function is available when you add a compliant application (Office does
this, I don't know if Works does or not) that has spell check - at that
point the spell checker is available to Outlook Express.  So, if you had it
before, then you had it only because you had installed a program with a
shared spell checker.

Be sure you've checked the option to spell check before sending in
Tools/Options on the Spelling tab.

--

* NOTE - Private Email is usually not replied to.  Please post all
* questions and comments in the newsgroup so all may benefit.

Quote:> How can MSN give me so incomplete an E-mail (OE5) w/o basic features like
> cut, paste copy, undo & NO SPELL CHECK? My W95 had all these features.

> Secondly, there is no upgrade available for these omissions, & I believe
> MSN wants me to pay just to speak with a techie on how-to! What am I
> missing here?

> --

Outlook Express installed with new Windows 98 platform.

Post by Rob » Sat, 06 Nov 1999 04:00:00

They are all there, you just need to start them up :

In OE5 :

TOOLS - OPTIONS

and

View - Layout

Hope this helps,
--
Rob Brown
Co-Chair Rides

Quote:> How can MSN give me so incomplete an E-mail (OE5) w/o basic features like
> cut, paste copy, undo & NO SPELL CHECK? My W95 had all these features.

> Secondly, there is no upgrade available for these omissions, & I believe
> MSN wants me to pay just to speak with a techie on how-to! What am I
> missing here?

> --

1. Installing Critical Updates Caused Windows 98 Not to Work and Outlook Express to Partly Work

I recently installed the latest Critical Updates for Windows 2000.  This
caused my Outlook 98 to hang (i.e., I am unable to get incoming mail or
switch out of the inbox.  Even my Inbox Repair Tool stopped working.)  I am
able to get incoming messages in Outlook Express but can't send replies.

Any help on this would be very appreciated.

2. Converting Mac Eudora files for use on MS-Windows - possible?

3. Win 98/Outlook Express/Outlook 98 and User Profiles

4. newbie questions ;-)

5. Windows Messaging, Outlook 98, Outlook Express Help!!!

6. depoly a .reg file

7. Transferring 98 express folders to a new 2000 Outlook

8. Need help publishing to hard drive.

9. Merging Outlook 98 Email into Outlook Express

10. Email, and Outlook 98 vs Outlook Express

11. Outlook Express vs Outlook 98

12. Outlook Express and Outlook 98

13. Outlook express & Outlook 98