RUNDLL Error Loading NEWDOT~1

Post by D Fi » Wed, 12 Mar 2003 03:28:13

At startup, I began getting this message on my desktop.
RUNDLL
Error Loading C:\Progra~1\NEWDOT~1\NEWDOT~3.DLL

I went to that folder, read the readme doc, and saw a list
of software that may be using the NEWDOT file.  On the
software list was one of the applications that I recently
updated.  I called the 800 phone number listed and learned
I could uninstall the  update without hurting the
program.  The program enabled .net domaine names to be
viewed.  I clicked on the uninstall (latest version)
leaving the older version intact, restarted puter and took
care of the problem.  Tech told me I may have to restart
puter a couple of times after uninstalling, but I didn't
have to after the first restart.  Hope this helps someone!

RUNDLL Error Loading NEWDOT~1

Post by Rick » Wed, 12 Mar 2003 10:50:22

Hi,

Control Panel/Add & Remove, uninstall newdotnet. See this link for full removal steps:

http://www.newdotnet.com/#remove

It is an add-on program that you likely installed as a bundled part of some other freeware/shareware you downloaded.

--
Best of Luck,

Rick Rogers aka "Nutcase" MS-MVP - Win9x - http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Associate Expert - WinXP - Expert Zone - www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Win98 Help - www.rickrogers.org
Please reply only to newsgroup...

> At startup, I began getting this message on my desktop.
> RUNDLL
> Error Loading C:\Progra~1\NEWDOT~1\NEWDOT~3.DLL

> I went to that folder, read the readme doc, and saw a list
> of software that may be using the NEWDOT file.  On the
> software list was one of the applications that I recently
> updated.  I called the 800 phone number listed and learned
> I could uninstall the  update without hurting the
> program.  The program enabled .net domaine names to be
> viewed.  I clicked on the uninstall (latest version)
> leaving the older version intact, restarted puter and took
> care of the problem.  Tech told me I may have to restart
> puter a couple of times after uninstalling, but I didn't
> have to after the first restart.  Hope this helps someone!

1. rundll error loading c;\windows\newdot~dll

system cannot find file specified.
got this error after defraging.
had this error once before about a year ago, but
forgot how to correct.  somewhat remember going into
files and retrieving form hard drive.  don't have
access to floppy's to reinstall.
can anyone instruct me step by step on how to
retrieve this file from my computer?
sincerely,   sue

2. Z88 Terminal Access

3. error loading c:\progra~1\newdot~1\newdot~1.dll

4. CVS - Make version label float?

5. ERROR LOADING C:\PROGRA~1\NEWDOT~1\NEWDOT~1.DLL (SYS

6. GNU C/C++ for H8/300H ?

7. error message c\progra~1\newdot~1\newdot~1.dll cannot be found

8. my multimedia won't load right...Rundll error loading mmsys.cpl

9. error message can't load newdot~1.dll

10. RUNDLL ERROR LOADING

11. RUNDLL - Error Loading 2NDSRCHDLL

12. RUNDLL Error loading NvQT.wk