Recycle Bin Does Not Show Deleted Items

Post by Jim Cheshe » Wed, 31 Jul 2002 10:27:58

I am running WIN98 and recently my recycle bin does not show deleted items.
When I pull up the recycle bin there is nothing that shows but when I select
to empty the recycle bin it asks me if I want to delete the 84 items that
are there.  So there are items in it I just can't see them listed.  Any
ideas are appreciated.

Jim Chesher

Recycle Bin Does Not Show Deleted Items

Post by Mark » Wed, 31 Jul 2002 11:03:31

This originated from James Liles; it worked for me:

Reboot into MS Dos
Type  Deltree C:\recycled and hit enter   (this will delete the recycled
directory where Windows keeps track of deleted files.  After reboot
Windows will recreate this.

If that doesn't fix it we have one more trick up our sleeve so post back
with your results.

Quote:> I am running WIN98 and recently my recycle bin does not show deleted
items.
> When I pull up the recycle bin there is nothing that shows but when I
select
> to empty the recycle bin it asks me if I want to delete the 84 items that
> are there.  So there are items in it I just can't see them listed.  Any
> ideas are appreciated.

> Jim Chesher

Recycle Bin Does Not Show Deleted Items

Post by Jim Cheshe » Wed, 31 Jul 2002 11:29:32

Thanks for the info.  There was just one file in my recycled folder,
eventhough  the recycled bin indicated that I had 83.  I went ahead and told
the recycle bin to delete all 83 files and now it seems to be working fine.

> This originated from James Liles; it worked for me:

> Reboot into MS Dos
> Type  Deltree C:\recycled and hit enter   (this will delete the recycled
> directory where Windows keeps track of deleted files.  After reboot
> Windows will recreate this.

> If that doesn't fix it we have one more trick up our sleeve so post back
> with your results.

> > I am running WIN98 and recently my recycle bin does not show deleted
> items.
> > When I pull up the recycle bin there is nothing that shows but when I
> select
> > to empty the recycle bin it asks me if I want to delete the 84 items
that
> > are there.  So there are items in it I just can't see them listed.  Any
> > ideas are appreciated.

> > Jim Chesher

1. deleted items not showing up in recycle bin ?

Without making any changes that I know of...my recycle bin is always empty
now...in Explorer...if I delete a file..it asks to be sent to the recycle
bin...I say yes...and it's gone...but it doesn't go to the bin...at least not
visably...I have always hd the settings set to send to recycle bin first..not
to permanently delete an item on delete...?

Anyone suggest why the recycle bin is not filling up...?

TIA
TR
+ The Talamasca Usenet Gateway
+ telnet://talamasc.madnet.net

2. IE Security Nonsense

3. Any way to delete items from the recycle bin?

4. Calling Winword.exe in RPG IV program

5. Delete recycle bin items from the command line?

6. Digital Certs with Checkpoint SecureRemote?

7. Deleting files after emptying the "Recycle Bin" using DOS

8. script to unravel nested C header files?

9. Files Do Not Show Up in Recycle Bin When Deteled - 168570

10. recycle bin files not showing

11. Recycle Bin (files not showing)

12. Recycle Bin does not show capacity

13. Outlook Deleted items appearing in the Archive Delete bin