SULFNBK.EXE and Win32.Magistr

Post by e hendri » Sun, 03 Jun 2001 01:59:27

I received the attachment SULFNKB.EXE from a relative and opened it.  When I next
went to Programs on the menu to open one, it was "empty".  I did not delete that
file and was told it was not a virus but a hoax.  However, Microsoft support said
it could be from a machine that had the Win32.Magistr virus.
My microsoft programs seem to be gone or at least getting to them through the
menu is not possible.  Through Windows Explorer I can get to Free Cell.  I can't
find MSMoney though.  Any suggestions?

SULFNBK.EXE and Win32.Magistr

Post by Hal Hostetler [MVP DTS » Sun, 03 Jun 2001 17:06:47

There may be some help here:

http://www.antivirus.com/vinfo/virusencyclo/default5.asp?VName=PE_Mag...
PE_MAGISTR.A

Hal

KVOA Television, Tucson, AZ.   NBC   NBC-IN

I received the attachment SULFNKB.EXE from a relative and opened it.  When I
next
went to Programs on the menu to open one, it was "empty".  I did not delete
that
file and was told it was not a virus but a hoax.  However, Microsoft support
said
it could be from a machine that had the Win32.Magistr virus.
My microsoft programs seem to be gone or at least getting to them through
the
menu is not possible.  Through Windows Explorer I can get to Free Cell.  I
can't
find MSMoney though.  Any suggestions?

SULFNBK.EXE and Win32.Magistr

Post by Denizl » Tue, 05 Jun 2001 22:46:35

    Hi,
        Do you see some strange folder names under "C:\" like "Lfn876.TMP" ?
If so, I think that it is because of SULFNBK.EXE.