Quicklaunch toolbar

Post by Markrr » Mon, 12 Jul 1999 04:00:00

For some reason, I am unable to keep a quicklaunch toolbar in my taskbar after
a reboot. Until I reinstalled Windows 98 a few weeks ago, I had no problem with
this, but now I do. I reinstalled it with a batch program and I think the
quicklaunch option may not have been installed (or may have been installed
incorrectly). Either way, I can add it and it will stay around until I shut
down or reboot. I did the upgrade to IE 5 but that didn't fix it either.

Anyone know what the heck is going on and (hopefully) how to fix it?!? Thanks
in advance.

Quicklaunch toolbar

Post by Bert » Mon, 12 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Hi Mark

If you have the option run the IE5 Repair tool.

To use the Internet Explorer Repair tool:
1. Click Start, point to Settings, click Control Panel, and then
double-click   Add/Remove Programs.
2. On the Install/Uninstall tab, click Microsoft Internet Explorer 5, click
Add/Remove, click "Repair the current installation of Internet Explorer",
and then click OK.

For more information on the IE5 repair tool check this article
Description of the Internet Explorer Repair Tool
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q194/1/77.asp

IEREPAIR Tool Not Accessible in Windows 98 Second Edition
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q235/2/40.asp

--
Regards,
Bert [MS-MVP DTS]