Taksbar Problems

Post by Davi » Sat, 16 Nov 2002 04:07:54

When I minimize open programs, they do not appear on the
taskbar.  Anyone have a fix for this?

Taksbar Problems

Post by Honeybe » Sat, 16 Nov 2002 04:18:13

If you have received an ECard from friendgreetings.com, this could be your problem.  Read this from
McAfee:
http://vil.mcafee.com/dispVirus.asp?virus_k=99799
or this from Norton:
http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.friendgre...

You need to have a current virus checker installed, and update it frequently.  Although not truly a virus, due to it's
worm-like nature both McAfee and Norton have dat files to eliminate this program.

Good-luck,
Melissa

--

Melissa
When I minimize open programs, they do not appear on the
taskbar.  Anyone have a fix for this?

Taksbar Problems

Post by Ron Badou » Sat, 16 Nov 2002 04:15:38

To save yourself time, you might want to scroll through the available messages and see if the answer you seek is already available.  This particular question has been answered hundreds of times in the last 10 days.

This problem was caused when you received a greeting card and downloaded software to see it.  While this may not technically be a virus, the results are the same.  Go here for info:  http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.friendgre...

--
Regards

Ron Badour, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
Tips:  http://home.satx.rr.com/badour
Knowledge Base Info:  http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?pr=kbinfo

> When I minimize open programs, they do not appear on the
> taskbar.  Anyone have a fix for this?

1. Problems..problems..problems

As some of you know (because of my multiple crys for help), I caught the
Nimda virus last week.  I have cleaned my system of that and have not had
anymore occurrences of the virus since.

But...

Since that happened, my computer is fairly unstable and some things just
dont work.  I cannot reload my Photoshop 6.0 or Illustrator programs.  My
Outlook 2000 will not work....I get this error when I try to use it:

Outlook.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows.  You will
need to restart the program.
An error log is being created.

When I try to install Photoshop, the Install program gets to 99% on loading
the InstallShield(R) Wizard and freezes.  Then the same error above is shown
exept Outlook.exe is replaced with  _INS5576._MP.exe .  I also get this
error with other programs occasionally...but always with the 2 programs
above.

I did a clean install of Win2000 Pro after the Nimda situation.  And
reinstalled all the other programs.

Any suggestions??
Thanks in advance!!

2. Dos Freezes

3. PROBLEM PROBLEM PROBLEM

4. LPT1 not detected in Win 2k

5. !!! PROBLEMS PROBLEMS PROBLEMS !!!

6. socket problems with RH7

7. HP Autoloader Drivers - HELP!!!!

8. multiple nic problems/routing problems/dsl problems??

9. multiple nic problems/routing problems/ dsl problems??

10. Windows 2000... Problem after problem after problem!

11. IE problem, system component problem, activex control problem

12. multiple nic problems/routing problems/dsl problems??