Can I change a hard drive lable without re-formatting?

Can I change a hard drive lable without re-formatting?

Post by Cannon Fodd » Tue, 23 Feb 1999 04:00:00

And if so, how?
--
Please remove "SPAM" "ME_NOT" to reply via email.

Can I change a hard drive lable without re-formatting?

Post by MrScar » Tue, 23 Feb 1999 04:00:00

Right click on the drive in my computer and select 'properties'. There's a
box to edit the drive label near the top of the general tab. After you edit
it, click apply before clicking ok and that should do it.

 Attila Szabo
 Microsoft-MVP
 Bell Atlantic-Services Tech.
  a.k.a.' MrScary '

Quote:>And if so, how?
>--
>Please remove "SPAM" "ME_NOT" to reply via email.

Can I change a hard drive lable without re-formatting?

Post by KROL » Tue, 23 Feb 1999 04:00:00

As an afterthought....some antivirus programs will alarm if you try to
rename the HD...juse choose "ignore" or whatever and do forward..  Happened
to me long ago (when I knew NOTHING...now I only know a little bit...) and I
almost wet my pants:)

Bill

Post by Ron Badou » Wed, 24 Feb 1999 04:00:00

> And if so, how?

Open My Computer, right click the partition, properties, general tab
--
Regards

Ron Badour, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
Tips:  http://mbr-hobby.neotown.com/rwbadour/index.html/