Media Player 7 and Windows ME question

Post by Bubba101 » Sun, 27 Aug 2000 04:00:00

I really don't like media player 7 and I would like to go back to 6.4
but how do I do this if I just finished upgrading to windows ME from 98?
the reason why is because when I download from the internet it uses 7 by
default and therefore I cannot save any movies to file. I have already used
the tools / folder options / file type methods to change back to 6.4 for
viewing on my HDD but I still have the internet problem.
There is no media player 7 in the uninstall group in the control panel, also
I tried taking it out of the windows setup/multimedia box but still its
there by default when I download.
What can I do? anyone?

Media Player 7 and Windows ME question

Post by Jerome M. Ka » Sun, 27 Aug 2000 04:00:00

   Microsoft has done you in. Media Player 7 is part of Windows ME and
hence cannot be removed.

Quote:>I really don't like media player 7 and I would like to go back to 6.4
>but how do I do this if I just finished upgrading to windows ME from 98?
>the reason why is because when I download from the internet it uses 7 by
>default and therefore I cannot save any movies to file. I have already used
>the tools / folder options / file type methods to change back to 6.4 for
>viewing on my HDD but I still have the internet problem.
>There is no media player 7 in the uninstall group in the control panel, also
>I tried taking it out of the windows setup/multimedia box but still its
>there by default when I download.
>What can I do? anyone?

Media Player 7 and Windows ME question

Post by Doug Knox MS-MV » Sun, 27 Aug 2000 04:00:00

MPlayer2.exe is still on your hard drive, and is included with the Me install as well.  Simply point your file associations to MPlayer2.exe

--
Doug Knox, Microsoft MVP MPS-D
* Help us help YOU - http://members.home.com/dts-l/goodpost.htm

>    Microsoft has done you in. Media Player 7 is part of Windows ME and
> hence cannot be removed.

> >I really don't like media player 7 and I would like to go back to 6.4
> >but how do I do this if I just finished upgrading to windows ME from 98?
> >the reason why is because when I download from the internet it uses 7 by
> >default and therefore I cannot save any movies to file. I have already used
> >the tools / folder options / file type methods to change back to 6.4 for
> >viewing on my HDD but I still have the internet problem.
> >There is no media player 7 in the uninstall group in the control panel, also
> >I tried taking it out of the windows setup/multimedia box but still its
> >there by default when I download.
> >What can I do? anyone?

Media Player 7 and Windows ME question

Post by Ludwi » Sun, 27 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Just as Netmeeting of which you have to have a Hotmail address and is
uninstallable, don't use WM player, use Quicktime instead.. I don't want a
Hotmail address.
http://www.apple.com/quicktime/

>    Microsoft has done you in. Media Player 7 is part of Windows ME and
> hence cannot be removed.

> >I really don't like media player 7 and I would like to go back to 6.4
> >but how do I do this if I just finished upgrading to windows ME from 98?
> >the reason why is because when I download from the internet it uses 7 by
> >default and therefore I cannot save any movies to file. I have already
used
> >the tools / folder options / file type methods to change back to 6.4 for
> >viewing on my HDD but I still have the internet problem.
> >There is no media player 7 in the uninstall group in the control panel,
also
> >I tried taking it out of the windows setup/multimedia box but still its
> >there by default when I download.
> >What can I do? anyone?

1. Windows Media Player -- Can the Media Library be disabled?

Is anyone aware of a way to disable Media Player's Media
Library, or atleast put the database in the specific
user's "documents and settings" folder, rather than the
all users' "documents and settings" folder?

This has become an issue at my company because the
contents of Media Library are visable to all users.

I have tried to make the database file (and the directory
it resides in) read only, but this causes Media Player to
crash.

Thanks for your input,
Ryan

2. Help with setting up Network/Internet gate

3. Windows Media Player Question

4. Rarely see file deletion dialog window.

5. Windows Media Player question

6. Y2K Distractiions

7. Windows Media Player vs Real Player G2

8. Gulam question

9. Win98/Windows Media Player Question

10. Real Player - Windows Media Player

11. Windows Media Player 7 Question

12. Windows Media Player Problem/Question