Breifcase Eat All my resorses During Update

Breifcase Eat All my resorses During Update

Post by )))Terry(( » Thu, 14 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Well the subject says It all
Maybe I am Missusing the breifcase, It has 31mb stored in it.
Is it only meant for shortcuts or is it ok to put larger files in.

)))Terry(((

1. Win2k svr eats memory during file sharing!

Hey all -

I am running Windows 2000 Server on a dual PIII-800 system w/512mb ram and
~65gig of storage.  I have about 35gigs of files that I share publicly on
the 10mb connection I have through my university.  I routinely have 3-8
people actively copying or streaming data off my machine.

However, I am noticing that when people have a file open for a long time
(couple hours) or when lots of people are copying data, my available
physical memory (as seen in task mgr) drops to around 500k.  Then, the
system starts grinding, swapfile enlarges, and the computer is practically
unusable (due to swapping) for the next 5 or so minutes.  After this is
done, the available memory goes up to around ~400 or so, the normal amount.
This happens alot, maybe twice a day.  I might note that the MEM Usage in
task manager is unchanged, it is only the physical memory number that goes
down.  Also, the system cache on my system is quite large, around 432mb, I
don't know if this is good or bad...

Does anyone have any clues on why this is happening, and how I could fix it?

It has never happened to me before on any other NT/2K system I have used in
a server-client environment.

My config follows:

Dual PIII-800 (cumines) (supermicro p6dbu mobo)

20.5gig 7200rpm WD IDE hard drive (boot)
45.0gig 5400rpm WD IDE hard drive (data files only - shared)
Windows 2000 Server w/SP1
IIS 5.0 is running, but the hits are minimal, perhaps 100-150 a day...

Thanks in advance!

-=Mark=-

2. ZyXEL Voice programming info

3. Breifcase synchronisation

4. Corel SCSI package

5. breifcase

6. Help with check boxes

7. Breifcase & Direct Cable Connection

8. autocad beginner tutorial notes

9. Breifcase icon

10. Windows Update during Installation....Mahesh

11. Win NT/2000: mediaplayer.position not updated during pauses???

12. My computer beeps during Windows Update

13. How do I elevate user privilages to install updates, patches, etc during login?